A4 2.0TDi 140 s-line avant
Phantom black
Acoustic parking
heated seats
ipod prep
sunroof
DIS
no model inscription

Due around Mid March - and got a 12% discount so am well pleased :)

So if you are interested in buying a 53 plate 320i sport with 15000 miles on, MOT til December, sunroof, silver/grey...PM me

ello, glad to see the wife has got herself sorted, now all you need is to get rid of the Golf !

Why?
Why would you order an existing A4 when the completely new one is due out in March?
Not just a revamp, a completely new one!
Even if you have to wait a bit longer for the Avant, it would be worth it come resale time, wouldn't it?
As it is, you'll just have confusion come resale time.
The '08 plate will make people think it could be the new A4, just to find out it's the old one.
So you'll end up having to price it cheaper, which negates your 12% discount.

why why why ??? ohhh questions questions questions. Its all about money. Yes, I know the new A4 saloon is due in Feb / March with the Avant following in October and it will carry a premium over the outgoing model. On top of that, the s-line pack is £2500 for the new model which is pretty steep. Add on a sunroof, heated seats etc and suddenly you're looking at at £30K car with a discount I assume will be less than 12%. My wife only does 3000 miles per year so she doesn't need xenons or daytime running lights that will come with the new s-line package.

Yes, I'm sure the car will be bigger and I know the interior will be "fresher" but for 250 miles per month, does it really matter ?

I appreciate that some might feel that the outgoing model is "old hat" but used examples are still commanding high prices - even 4 year old TDi avant are still £14K+ with low mileage - and they are soon to be "2 models old"

So, to answer the "why", its' get the current model with a good discount or wait a year for the B8 and lose even more money on our current car.

Hope that doesn't sound too grumpier response...:think:

SteveTDCi said:
ello, glad to see the wife has got herself sorted, now all you need is to get rid of the Golf !

chance'd be a fine thing - one year left and counting

It'll be a long year, still at least you get to drive courtesy cars more than the Golf!

(touch wood ) its not been too bad recently...have given up with the stealers as they clearly cannot fix it so am just steering clear

Good on you! Sounds like a great car!

bowfer has a point re the new model but you can keep hanging on for the next model and the next can't you.

If you buy right you'll be happy - if you wait for the next thing you'll always be waiting.

I guess at 3000 miles pa its gonna be with you a few years yet?

Happy motoring

CM

cheekeemonkey said:
Good on you! Sounds like a great car!

bowfer has a point re the new model but you can keep hanging on for the next model and the next can't you.

If you buy right you'll be happy - if you wait for the next thing you'll always be waiting.

I guess at 3000 miles pa its gonna be with you a few years yet?

Happy motoring

CM

New A4 Avant is not out in March Bowfer!! Suggest you may be more up to date on BM/Alpina info!! Audi tell me the Avant will be out for 58 reg. Some good deals around at present 12% not difficult to achieve IMHO. Don't tell too many people though!! At least someone else moving in the right direction BMW to Audi..

TT
RG (PS Audi are not paying me although if Ingolstadt read this I am available and open to offers... need a new UK HR Director???)

don't get me wrong, we've had no issues with the BMW at all. All its had is new front pads in 4 years - not a single other problem. We tried an E90 325i touring but the ride was horrendous and it didn't seem any quicker than our 320i inspite of the extra power.

Was just time to make a change that's all :icon_thumright:

RGBArgee said:
New A4 Avant is not out in March Bowfer!! Suggest you may be more up to date on BM/Alpina info!! Audi tell me the Avant will be out for 58 reg.

Which is why I said "you may have to wait a bit longer for the Avant".:haudrauf:
Discount or not, I couldn't drive around in a car knowing a whole new one was coming out soon.
Minor trim or cosmetic updates wouldn't bug me, but I'd rather wait a few months for a whole new model.
No such worries about my Alpina, no new one planned at all.
That may change, but the point is I didn't know there was new one coming when I ordered it, and what you don't know can't harm you!

helloooo - hows things ?

@bowfer - IKWYM and usually I'd be exactly the same its just that we really need one now due to an expanding family and the 3 has a crappy shaped boot so its not pushchair friendly.

We nearly went for an A3 but I am hoping to trade the Golf for one next year and didn't want "his'n'hers" cars on the driveway:no:

They still fit them as standard I think you'll find ;)

... but do they have any sort of description, type ... even a photo ... 7 spoke by any chance? Just wondering if they fit the 7 spoke as a standard perk now!

Hiya Damian,

Nice to see another uk-mkiv'er over here and sounds like you got a really nice new motor on the way, enjoy! :icon_thumright:

shame I won't get to drive it much...oh well..its gotta be better than the Fiesta coutesy car that I have at the moment :scared2:

damianmkv said:
why why why ??? ohhh questions questions questions. Its all about money.

This is an interesting read, since I have similar outset; looking for the extra flexibility of the avant boot for the family gear, looking to buy within the next few months and money!

I have been looking at the B7 Avant 2.0T S-Line since last year, then heard the B8 was being launched. My problem is there is no mention of 2.0T on the Audi website and...October! I am reluctant to splash out on a brand new car because of other more important commitments (ie. ****** big morgage) And waiting until next year for a second hand B8 seems like ages!

It looks as though you had a really nice buy...:arco:

We've been thinking about it for 8 months but decided that I couldn't wait anymore so jumped in...

On the upside, have sold the BMW so that certainly helps things

well, we collected the car on 1st March and so far have racked up a whopping......124 miles :rock:. Must say its nice to drive although the power difference between it an mine is very noticeable to me - could do with more oomph but as its not gonna be driven much, I don't see the point.

On one problem is where the chrome trim is round the offside rear side window..there is about a 3 mm gap between where the 2 strips should meet so its going back next week to be replaced.

Apart from that - all is good :happy: