1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 Avant roof rails

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by clfletch, Apr 10, 2007.

1. clfletch

clfletch New Member

I've got a pair of black roof rails for a 1997 A4 Avant. Would anyone like to swap them for a silver pair?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. hiltoa

hiltoa VAG erfahren

:) DITTO!

Thought of asking this, but dismissed it as a looooooong shot!

Also, any Santorin Blue RS4 / S4 owners want to swop their tacky brushed alloy mirror covers for some gorgeous & subtle colour coded ones? :tumble:

4. redevo1

redevo1 Member

Your prob better off paint striping them and tryin to do it your self as Rocking hourse **** comes to mind

5. QuantumJohn

QuantumJohn Member

Only the RS4 had brushed ally mirrors. The S4 had colour coded or polished ally mirrors.

I have a spare set of black roof rails if anyone wants to try painting them silver as genuine ones don't come up often and are fairly expensive when they do.

John

6. redevo1

redevo1 Member

I've gotten some chrome roof rails That I bought off egay ages ago but don't fit my 98 Avant and was told they where for a 99 Avant so I bought them thinking they would still fit.So if anyone wants to try there luck I have a set for sale unfortunatly I'm not 100 percent if they'll fit :think:

7. 951

951 Member

They might be off a b6 then as i fitted some on my 98 avant which i took off a 2000(y reg) car which were an identical fit !!!

8. Dan Gliballs

Dan Gliballs Active Member

I'd LOVE some silver roofrails :(

9. 951

951 Member

I didnt realise they were so hard to get hold of. And to think i moaned at paying £40 for mine !!! If the black ones are alloy i dont see why they cant be stripped and polished ?? I might have a go at my old black ones when i have time !!

10. redevo1

redevo1 Member

This is what I'm toying with doing, taking the old ones off and doing them as I'm sure I've seen it done to them else where.