A4 Avant Rear Parking Senors Issue

TimmyJK7

My other ride is a Street Triple
Reaction score
Website
www.kempqslimited.co.uk
My car seems to have a slight issue with the parking sensors and wondered if you guys and gals could help!

When putting the car in reverse I get a warning bleep to aknowledge the sensors have engaged, however they dont actually bleep when you get near to an object. I have read the book and the car should have a P button near the ESP but mine is a blank switch so not sure if the sensors are aftermarket.

How can I fix so they actually work?

Have you tried listening for the 'clicking' sound coming from the sensors? I could be wrong but I think the P button is for the front sensors....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that too...I dont have that p button and the back ones are factory

The P is only fitted if you have front sensors. The rears auto engage when the car is out into reverse.

I had this issue, I put it in reverse and listened for the clicking. One wasn't so ordered one from eBay and some paint from Amazon - £15 and £8 I think. Bumper removal was a little time consuming but not difficult, plenty of tutorials on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May take it into my local Audi dealer and see if they can diagnose it.
Snap us a close up photo of a sensor and we'll be able to tell if aftermarket or not - as if aftermarket no point going to Audi...

Reactions: TheTomCutler
My problem is opposite I put the car in reverse and there is a beep to say engaged then intermitant beeping to indicate something is there even thou there isnt. Ill prob do what TheTomCutler did and replace them with new ebay ones. Does anyone know the price difference between ebay and oem ones?