A4 Avant power tailgate remote open and closing?

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi folks, asking for a friend, as I don't own one of these. B8 A4 Avant with power tailgate option. I've searched, can't find a definitive answer, which usually means no.

Does the tailgate power open as stock using the button on the keyfob? And can you set it to remote close like on the A6 using VCDS?

Activating the remote sunroof opening, is this a one touch function, or do you need to keep your finger on the keyfob button pressed?

Cheers.

Hi Jojo

I had the power tailgate option on my old B8 and its now standard on the B8.5.
I’m not sure I’m much help but here goes,

The boot can be opened by pressing the button on the key fob, but only close via the button on the bottom of the tailgate.
I believe the A6 (and A7&A8) have an additional module to allow it to close from the key fob, I’m sure i recall reading this somewhere and that kuftec sell the module for the A4, would be cool if could be done via VCDS though – I always thought it was a safety feature that you could close from the fob

Reactions: jojo
Hi Jojo

I had the power tailgate option on my old B8 and its now standard on the B8.5.
I’m not sure I’m much help but here goes,

The boot can be opened by pressing the button on the key fob, but only close via the button on the bottom of the tailgate.
I believe the A6 (and A7&A8) have an additional module to allow it to close from the key fob, I’m sure i recall reading this somewhere and that kuftec sell the module for the A4, would be cool if could be done via VCDS though – I always thought it was a safety feature that you could close from the fob

I think there's very little on the internet to suggest that remote closure of the power tailgate is available on a B8, I activated it on my A6, but you need to keep your finger on the remote button for it to work, it will stop half way when you let go. Also, on my A6, if the boot can't close, like something is in the way, it will stop, and raise itself a little, so safety has been factored into the feature.

Well I can confirm the power tailgate option doesn't work on the B8! Said friend was teasing me with his new A4 when he turns up in an B8 RS4 Avant Black Edition, *******!! Lol

Did activate the sunroof for him though.