A4 AVANT INSTALL

AndyC

Reaction score
Website
www.k-tecracing.com
Hi all...

I have a B5 A4 Avant,

I love my stereo but wish to keep the load space useable as its a work car too so need to be able to put the seats down and use the boot properally..

I wish to install my Infinity Perfect 12 sub and its infinity amp into the boot without affecting the above...

also where to hell do you put a 4 channel amp for running the front setup...

Which is:

MB quart components for the front (5.25 inch)
Kicker 5.25 coaxal for the rear doors.
Kenwood mask unit (DAB on the way)

please help as I love my car and love my tunes but it seems I can't have both...

p.s. no-one seems to make a stealth box for the AVANT!!!!!

thanks

Andy,

The 4 channel amp will have to go in the boot also, which means running wires to and from the boot! Unless you can miount it under one of hte front seats!?!

With the sub... is there any space behine the wheel arches? (ie. does it go wider further back the car after the wheels) if so, then build an enclosure that utilises that space.

Hope its of some help!

Rich

no room under the seats as the frames go to the floor and there is the heating ducts etc there..

boot it is then, unless the rear footwells develop false floors for both the amps...

guess its going to be an excersise in fibreglass and mdf and filler... for the boot install... never mind eh!

anyone any tips?

thanks JBR
Andy

Yep... I made my sub enclosure from scratch... made it to the hsap of my boot so it fits perfectly! Was quite impressed with myself really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you make a custom box, then make sure you screw, glue and silicone seal it together!!! Mine is a bit of a beast but does take up half my boot space (not that i use the boot much) The more air space you have the deeper the bass will be, so make it is big as you possibly can.

Rich

I have the B6 avant, I mounted the amps in the false floor (don't know if the B5 has that?) where they get warm but don't overheat. The sub is a tube that I just take out when I need the space.
I had a big problem getting all the wires from the back to the front, as my carkit controller is also at the rear and then there's the navigation unit.
I ended up taking all seats out, lifting the carpet and routing all the wires through the central tunnel. I had never done this before and it took me the best part of a holiday week to complete, originally thought to do it in a day... and the install isn't even looking good...

It does take a long time the first time you do it... but once you have done it its a piece of p1ss! and well worth sdpending the time on it to get it looking right!

Rich