A4 Avant Guys (B6/B7)

BennyG_UK

Top Gear
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Does anyone have this custom sub enclosure? If so, how have you secured it in the boot?

I have just bought one but I can't see a way to secure it properly so that it doesn't fall back out.

Ta!

Attachments

• a4_b6_avant.jpg
    a4_b6_avant.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 175
  • a4_b6_avant_more_images_.jpg
    a4_b6_avant_more_images_.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 129
Doubt there is any direct fixing point there. Had a saloon A4 but sub box was same, I think.
You can look around there, if there is any indirect point to anchor it onto. Or nearest flat surface to screw into with metal screw or something.

Yea thats what I thought. Not had too much of a look as of yet, main one I saw was the earthing point.
Other option is to possibly create a separate bracket to go below the lip of the top trim.

That bracket should be good. Anything that will allow to go through the box to the chassis.
You going for active sub? that can be earthed anywhere, to bare metal and secured.
I had a external sub in my B6 that was earthed to the rear seat backrest fixing bolt. Had a amp attached to the box, so it's not flying around the boot and all neatly wired together.
Make sure you run the power wire on one side of the car and signal on the other. Not to get signal disturbance from power wire.

No its going to be an amped sub.

Im tapping into the factory sub pre-outs to run my amp from, so won't be anywhere near the power anyway (Don't worry already know about running them parallel lol)

Power line wise I'm running it down passenger side into a distribution block as I'm also running my air install off the same wire (going into the spare wheel well)

Reactions: KrisKrk
I had one in a BMW once and it was secured with Velcro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this one and I ended up making a bracket at the top to secure it there. Didn't look great but did the trick
2070f7e2c895e0956550f5584a356258.jpg

Reactions: BennyG_UK
If it looks stupid but works then its not stupid! I have some black carpet which near enough matches the box so I guess I could do something similar too. Did you cut the latch part off the plastic trim too from the cubby hole?

If it looks stupid but works then its not stupid! I have some black carpet which near enough matches the box so I guess I could do something similar too. Did you cut the latch part off the plastic trim too from the cubby hole?

Yes I used a sharp Stanley and it came off easy enough. The other thing I was going to use was the quarter circle edging strip from b&q and screw that in for a neater appearance