A4 Avant Dog Cage/Crate

simon d

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post after joining as I'm now the owner of a B7 A4 Avant 2.0Tdi (170) S Line. Had to change my previous car as I needed something more practical for the dog, a 6 month old Springer Spaniel.

My question is can any of you guys help me with trying to find a good quality dog cage that will fit in the boot without taking up all the space, i.e. one half of the boot? Ideally I'd still like to be able to put other items in the boot as well as having the cage in there.

There seem to be plenty around that will fit when I look at the measurements but, as you all know, measuring something and thinking it will fit is different to actually knowing it will!

Any help much appreciated....

Simon

Hi,

This is my first post after joining as I'm now the owner of a B7 A4 Avant 2.0Tdi (170) S Line. Had to change my previous car as I needed something more practical for the dog, a 6 month old Springer Spaniel.

My question is can any of you guys help me with trying to find a good quality dog cage that will fit in the boot without taking up all the space, i.e. one half of the boot? Ideally I'd still like to be able to put other items in the boot as well as having the cage in there.

There seem to be plenty around that will fit when I look at the measurements but, as you all know, measuring something and thinking it will fit is different to actually knowing it will!

Any help much appreciated....

Simon

We have two terriers and they "LIVE" in the back of our Avant. When we first got the car four years ago like you I looked around for dog guards, searched ebay etc etc. In the end we just live with the rear blind in the up position and this does all we could want.
Give it a try, eventually and after only a few trips I am sure your dog like our two will feel quite comfortable in the back and stop trying to climb through into the passenger seats...................

Paul B7

We have two terriers and they "LIVE" in the back of our Avant. When we first got the car four years ago like you I looked around for dog guards, searched ebay etc etc. In the end we just live with the rear blind in the up position and this does all we could want.
Give it a try, eventually and after only a few trips I am sure your dog like our two will feel quite comfortable in the back and stop trying to climb through into the passenger seats...................QUOTE]

Oh and we keep other things like shopping in the back of the Avant with the dogs by putting these items in a a collapsible plastic crate with a cover on . The dogs haven't managed to break into this yet either, good luck !

Hi Simon,

we also just use the cargo blind and at 6 months of your dog will get used to the back.If you haven't already get yourself a protector for the back as it will save the carpets having the wet dog smell......
load liner 8E9061160 £29.90 plus vat fron TPS,but that was last April.
got one for both the avant and my wife's A3.they are foam type which means our dog does not slide about ( the rs4 arb also is a big bonus) and is also a perfect fit.

I feel a few pictures of dogs in Avants coming ............

cheers,

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies....

Paul B7 - Thanks for the advice, and also the plastic box idea - genius!!
John@mk - Load liner is a great idea, I might be being a little stupid but TPS means...??
gOOse - Thanks for the link. Think a boot liner is a must, maybe the dog bars! Little s0d fits the gap at the side of the mesh cargo net!

Pictures of dogs in cars welcome.....!! Canine variety only..... ;-)

Reactions: Pedro_keil
Oh and we keep other things like shopping in the back of the Avant with the dogs by putting these items in a a collapsible plastic crate with a cover on . The dogs haven't managed to break into this yet either, good luck !

Great tip with the crate! Our Whippet thinks its funny to see what we have brought as we just use a cargo net to hold the shopping!

TPS are the trade suppliers for vag group.so google tps and there might be an outlet near.cheaper than going to the dealers for genuine parts and you get them quicker.

Attachments

• 20130118_103457.jpg
    20130118_103457.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 225
Cheers John, local outlet is in Medway - just up the road. Might be paying them a visit in the not too distant future!

PS. Your dog's got something on his nose....! ;-)