A4 Avant Black Edition Delivery date!!!!!

Ok so rang the dealer today for an update.

I ordered mine in mid jan and just been given a build week 23 (6th June). This will also come after the MY change in wk 21 ive been told so it will be a 2012 chassis or something.

To be honest im happy that ive got that build week and have a date to look forward to.

As above i ordered a 2.0 TDI avant BE Quattro.....with a sunroof!

Great update, good news!

So this would mean that my July delivery car would have the same MY update? Would this be a noticeable difference I wonder?

Any other changes mentioned?

Cheers

Tough question but does anyone know if delays are caused by specific black edition options, suggestions above about currency rates or something else. Never expected car to take 6 months to get to me :(

Dealer tells me there are no noticable changes with the MY change in may.
Dealer also told me that it is luck of the draw as to when your build week will be depending on what engine size/spec you have. 1 week they will be making 2.0tdi then the next will be 3.0tdi quattros. Add on top of that a luxury BE spec then its gonna take time.

3.5 months to go!

Afternoon All

Currently have an A4 2.0 TDI S Line Cab and on 19/02 ordered and A5 2.0 Quattro S Line, have been told that the build week for it is week 15 (middle of April) so should be in it by the middle of May.

Had a problem with the PX that was offered for the existing A4 Cab (£13250) for a 57 plate so have decided to go down the private route - has anyone had any particularly good experiences in selling privately, I'd be interested in the routes that you took.

2 months to go hopefully!!

ordered mine in Nov '10, just had verbal confirmation of WK16 build week, delivery mid May I am assuming now.

I must have got lucky! although I was told March 1st, picking up on Monday (ordered Nov), maybe because mine is saloon?

Days like today is what the new car is all about. Sun was beaming in London town.....3 months to go!

To be honest I am the same, in my opinion they look best with high gloss lacquered finish but I have seen the 18" on the A3 version and they looked a bit dull in some lighting conditions.

Well after much diliberation I have requested a change of spec to the other wheels, Black Edition Avants are now slowly poping up at UK dealers and from the images I have seen of the titainium wheels, I defo prefer the others.

Lets hope Audi can change the spec at this stage:sadlike:.

Well after much diliberation I have requested a change of spec to the other wheels, Black Edition Avants are now slowly poping up at UK dealers and from the images I have seen of the titainium wheels, I defo prefer the others.

Lets hope Audi can change the spec at this stage:sadlike:.

When I eventually picked up my Aruba Blue Black Edition (that's a mouthful!) my fears disappeared immediately. These wheels look fantastic in the flesh and aren't dull at all, as long as you keep them clean. Pictures don't do them justice, I also think the 19" size and the concavity of the spokes ( I suppose you could describe them as convex in the curved shape) from the outside edge to the middle set them off. I was worried they were going to look a little flat like on the 18" on the A3 Black Editions.

Stirling audi (and I guess most dealers) have no real clue whats going on with build dates. Just asked for an update today (ordered Jan) and was told no confirmed build date yet its still showing factory order week beginning 11/4/11...

*cryface*

I would think if they've given you a date of 11/4, which is a Monday, that is the scheduled build week so I think your car will be built during that week and delivered to you around 3 to 4 weeks later.

When I eventually picked up my Aruba Blue Black Edition (that's a mouthful!) my fears disappeared immediately. These wheels look fantastic in the flesh and aren't dull at all, as long as you keep them clean. Pictures don't do them justice, I also think the 19" size and the concavity of the spokes ( I suppose you could describe them as convex in the curved shape) from the outside edge to the middle set them off. I was worried they were going to look a little flat like on the 18" on the A3 Black Editions.

I've been advised not to change my order as it may cause further delays, so am sticking with original titiainium wheels, I'm hoping I will agree with your comments above that they look much better in the flesh. Fingers Crossed roll on June delivery! :yes:

Can any one confirm if we get the "front and rear parking system plus" on the avant as standard, Audi website confirms it is included, although audi A4 brochure conflicts this and states it's not available on the avant ?

Think the Avant gets privacy glass instead!
Also think you get rear acoustic as standard these days.
I spec'd Tech pack low which includes parking system plus.

Have uploaded a photo of my Black Edition to my Album as I am unable to attach photo's for some reason, take a look!

Very nice, I nearly went for Aruba blue.

Last edited:
Photo's don't seem to do the black edition justice, it looks so much better in the flesh ( or metal!).

My car was allegedly scheduled to be built week starting today so I mailed Audi to see if it is being built - no response yet. Does anyone understand the process between Dealer/Factory and what sort of information they should be able to confirm? I would have thought (perhaps silly me) that it would all be in some computerised system so that it is all easily checked.

My car was allegedly scheduled to be built week starting today so I mailed Audi to see if it is being built - no response yet. Does anyone understand the process between Dealer/Factory and what sort of information they should be able to confirm? I would have thought (perhaps silly me) that it would all be in some computerised system so that it is all easily checked.

As I understand it they work in weeks, so a car will be scheduled for a build week which the dealer has visibility of and again once it's built the dealer will have visibility of that. When you say you emailed Audi, do you mean you emailed your supplying dealer?

I was keen but lazy so mailed them on Monday and did not hear anything back so feared worst. I then decided to try another mail and I was informed person dealing with request was on holiday. However...

Was informed that car is currently awaiting shipment!! They are saying I should then get it end of month/start of next month so very very happy! Order was placed at start of Feb so not that bad turnaround

Last edited:
How can a high spec avant BE ordered 3 weeks after mine be ready to ship now when I have 2.5 months to go?

Only thing I can think of is that I have went for perhaps not as popular an engine - the usual seems to be 2L TDI 170? Does seem a bit random to say least :(

I'd heard that the delays were predominantly affecting production of the
diesel engines - think it's the same for all VAG group.
There's loads of different reasons on the net, Chinese Market boom,
Down scale in production cos of recession etc.
Think we're all in for a long wait for delivery!

sorry to hear about that I only went the 2L Petrol route as I wanted quattro and didnt feel need for the 3l TDI. And from reading about does seem that the delay is definately across VAG range on diesel engines.

I can only thank my lucky stars and hope to get some decent pictures when I pickup. With luck can get a picture that doesnt require me to say 'looks better in real life' though I imagine my black exterior and interior may not be to some peoples tastes :)

The delays can be weird.

I added Satnav and the time came forward 6 weeks!

I contacted my dealer today and its still on for 6th July. The car was ordered mid/late Feb and its an Avant BE 2.0TFSI, just alcantara seats and tyre pressure monitor, ibis white with the optional 19" segment style wheels and HOPEFULLY S Line shocks.

Week 23 was the projected build date, and told its usually around 3/4 weeks after that i can expect it delivered, hence 6th July?

Once again told that the date could change forward or backwards!!

Getting bored now!

Ive seen a few BE with the standard wheels and I think it looks nice, very different to the A3 18" equivalent ones. I think you will all be happy!!

Doesn’t look like I’ll get mine till August - so then I’ll have the Reg number dilemma to deal with!
Originally quoted build week 26, then went to 25 - now slipped to 27! However I know from experience
that all can change until about a month before the actual build – when dates get firmed up.
I’ve gone for the RS6 style 5 spoke segment style wheels as personally I’m not keen on the titanium rotors.
I haven’t managed to find any real pictures of a Black Edition with them on though as I cant wait to see them
Anyone else seen any real life pics?

My saloon is apparently still down as week 21 build even with all the changes I've made to the order. Got everything crossed that it doesn't slip as I really can't wait to get rid of the Fiesta!

Hope yours doesn't slip any further Keef.

I saw them on a red A4 in dealer and looked really good looking but still a bit of a gamble going for what I went for without seeing it. All part of the fun and will see once I get them if it works. Bit late to backout now :)

Right then, next question (which I guess should be a new thread)
To keep myself entertained whilst waiting for my car – I’ve been looking at mods.
Not keen on the Piano black trim….but that’s another story.
I’ve noticed that quite a few people waiting for Black Editions have gone for S-tronic.
I’m not impressed with the plastic gear paddle shifts (personally think they should be alloy for the cost of the car)
So have been looking at retrofitting alloy ones – there’s a couple of US based companies selling them.
But it sems to envolve removing the steering wheel and airbag to fit

Anybody else fussed or am I been overly pedantic?

Cheers
Keef

I have fitted a few sets of the OSIR paddles which in my opinion are the best. At the moment it may be a bit of a gamble about which style will fit your steering wheel.

But to answer your question yes the airbag comes off. That in itself is quite easy though.

Thanks Stu
Where did you get them - UK web site??

Also toying with the idea of changing the piano black trim - but looks like the centre console trim is a pain to remove / change

Cheers
Keef

Hearing all this talk I transmission types I'm now wondering what I'm actually getting. As I've gone for the quattro I was told a manual was all that is possible. I dont remember specifying s-tronic so i guess it will be a straight 7 way gearbox with no paddles?