1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a4 avant back seats saturated !

gtiboy Sep 25, 2012

1. gtiboy

gtiboy Member

Woke up this morning ready for the day and the back seats are soaking wet?
    any clues ?
    The footwell head lining and are all dry as a bone ?????
    well puzzled

2. spartacus 68

spartacus 68 Active Member quattro Audi A2 Audi Avant Owner Group

First things first, does the car have a factory-fit sunroof? The drain channels do block. I've heard of wet footwells (blocked drain grommets) in the bulkhead, and wet boot area (rear wash pipe disconnected at tailgate), but back seats is a rear puzzle? Was it raining when the car was parked? Only thing I can think of is a perished door seal.

3. Av4nt

Av4nt Well-Known Member Team V10 Team Sprint quattro s tronic saloon Audi S6

I sometimes get a bit of this...when it rains real heavy...I think it is a perishing door seal

4. gtiboy

gtiboy Member

Have put it down to a perishing door seal for the moment as all obvious places are dry and water free.
    The car does have a sunroof and ithe channels are al clear first thing i checked .
    Thanks for all the repies guys

5. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

Some cheap door rubbers here.
    Only part numbers so you'll need to cross reference them to make sure they fit.

benbaldey | eBay