A4 Avant 3.0 TDI quattro Black Edition anyone?

Well I figure as my car is still only on provisional build week of 27 and this hasn’t yet been confirmed.
I've decided to go ‘balls deep’ and add hill hold assist – just waiting to see what affect this will have on the date.
The way I see it, either way I’m into August delivery which is the new car dead zone!
So I guess I’ll be waiting till September.....

I think you'll be pleased you did. Anything else you fancy? :whistle2:

Just a thought but you could cancel TPM and put the ££ towards HHA.

Don't think there's anything left!
Towbar or sunroof perhaps but don't want either!
Not fussed bout omitting the TPM (id have to pay someone
With vcds to enable it)and I think dealer would probably have a fit!

Just had a call from my dealer saying Audi have contacted them regarding my order.
Adding Hill hold assist would change my order from build week 27 to week 34!
So won’t be adding HHA!

Ouch indeed ...... but I'd wait!

That blank button bugs me in my car and it would do my head for the whole period of ownership if I knew that with a bit more patience I could have had it working.

Feeling brave Scotty?? You said you were a master tweaker :superman:

Fancy a retrofit?? :whistle2:

You'll need the new button 8K2 927 225 C WEP

The current button will be connected with a black 12 pin plug, T12b.

T12b/10 should be connected to T38a/16 on the ABS unit.
T12b/11 requires a 12v supply which can be got from the adjacent pin T12b/7 or fuse position SF9 in fuse panel ST4 in the boot if you want full OEM installation.
T12b/12 should be connected to T38a/8 on the ABS unit.

The wires are 000 979 009E for the Parking Brake Plug and 000 979 025 for the ABS Plug. If you want to wire to the fuse panel you'll also need 000 979 023.

Feeling brave Scotty?? You said you were a master tweaker :superman:
No I didn't .... and I'm certainly not! hehehe

Fancy a retrofit?? :whistle2:

Nope! There's a reason why Audi won't let you add it to a car with Stop Start and although I don't know what it is, if it's to do with brakes then I'll tread very carefully ;)

What I don't get it why they didn't put the Stop/Start when the HHA is. It would have saved on parts and removed a blank!

ScoTTy - To be honest the blank button will bug me – the only reason I didn’t spec it originally was
because I didn’t think you’d need hill hold on an auto! Its Stu’s fault for going on about HHA!
(only kiddin Stu)

Thing is I can’t wait, already not happy that its taking so long – last time I ordered back in 2008 it was literally 12 weeks from order to delivery. Its only this forum that’s keeping me sane - clearly I don’t have your patience!

I’m sure the engine, gearbox and other toys will distract me from the blank button.

Retrofit definitely not an option for me.

Tell you what Stu, when i do eventually get my car and the next time I’m down Hampshire way. I’ll bring the parts (including the OSIR paddles) and a bag of cash and you can show me how to do it!

:readit: :uhm: :beerchug:

Anyways whilst browsing A5OC - thinking this was a nice little touch:-
Also hate the cupholders? - A5_OC

I found something way more interesting- Official Milltek 3.0TDI Quad exhaust
Stu you need to get this one on here!
I would ****** luv one of these systems but i prefer the oval tips, I know they make them for the
S4 race version - I wonder if the tips are interchangeable with the 3.0TDi system??

I'll be keeping a keen eye on this post!

Cheers
Keef

Lol, there's no hiding from you is there :busted_cop:

I'm all confirmed and booked in for the 20th. As you may have already read on A5OC the rear valance I ordered was damaged so I'm waiting for a new one to be delivered.

I think the tips ought to be interchangeable as that is one of the reasons I'm going up there, so that they can make the necessary modifications to the system to incorporate removable tips and Phil has confirmed that the next production run for the A4/A5 system will have removable tips. Maybe you could take on the task of speaking to a supplier and organising a group buy for those interested, just to take up some of the agony of the wait :search: I have two companies I could suggest.

More than happy to have a little get together and tear your new car apart when you get it :think:

Sorry Stu didnt mean to come over all stalkerish! :scared2:
Just interested in the thread / mod.
I assume you need the S4 rear valance and that its easily interchangable with your bumber?

Let me know how you get on - i'm a bit closer to Derby than you.

Ok should I be worried? - 3 weeks till my build week (27) and build not yet confirmed.
Dealer originally said that it should get confirmed 4 weeks prior to build!
Haven’t heard anything yet - Just left a message for them to call me.

Ok should I be worried? - 3 weeks till my build week (27) and build not yet confirmed.

I wouldn't worry too much. My dealer said build week 21 from the moment the order was placed (March 1st). It wasn't confirmed by Audi until the week before and was exactly as stated by the dealer. It's presently sat at Sheerness waiting transportation to dealer for me to pick up this weekend (1 week ahead of expectation). http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/images/smilies/yahoo.gif

I didn't get my build date until very late! From memory, I called them 3 weeks ago, they confirmed my build date, I called again the week after and was told it was built and ready to be shipped in 3/4 weeks time. Had a call the following week to say it was in the country, then told it would be delivered to the dealer and prepped for collection for last Friday!!! They under promised and over delivered.

Hang in there bud, I empathise with your agony!

Thanks guys
Spoke to dealer eventuall, build not confirmed
But still quoting week 27. I wouldn't usually be concerned
But as my order went from week 26 to 24 and then to 27
I'm just a tad worried it could slip further still!
This order was a second chance for my local dealership
after lots of big problems 3 years back (only getting resolved by me emailing
Audi UK MD on a daily basis!)
I'm sure it'll be fine I'm just losing faith!

Stu

Did you get a replacement S4 rear valance? - You still on for been the exhaust 'guinea pig' tomorrow??
Keep us posted please.

Cheers
Keef

Yes Keef, all systems go for tomorrow so I'll keep you posted.

Got a replacement valance sorted in the end, I think it just required the TPS staff to be a little more careful when moving it around the depot. Some better packaging from Audi would have been advisable though.

There's a Black Edition Avant on autotrader, first one I've seen for sale secondhand - well secondhand but with only 250 on the clock!

No idea, pretty under used demo on an 11 reg with 250 miles. Has interior pics for those wanting that info.

Sometimes Audi dealers will offer them up for sale before they are actually allowed to sell them, very evident on the Audi UK website.

Just had an email from my dealers entitled
'great news!' so there was me thinking, has my car already been built?
Will it be built next week, a week early??
But no, just confirmation of build week (wk 27).
Not complaining though...well perhaps a little bit.

At last build week 27 is here! woohoo :yes:
I know it’s a bit geeky but It’s a shame Audi don’t offer a ‘track you order, system like BMW.

Next question – car should be available 1st weekend in August, do I take it or wait till September?
Driving to Cornwall last week of August so it would be a good ‘running in’ drive!

Depends if you can stand the train anymore :music:.

I think i'd be tempted to take it but it's a tough one.

Are you still thinking about some new pipework??

Stu
I am interested but to be honest I just want to get the car first!
Also need to establish if it can have the oval tailpipes.
How's your mota? What sort of mpg you getting??

The DiS reports an average of 37.5 since my first fill up but I have an iPhone App called Road Trip which has it at 34.48 for the same period with 2600 miles on the clock. I must admit I like the DiS better than Road Trip :haha:

Keef - wait for the new plate. It may not earn you much on resale but you'll be bugged if yours is "out of date" after just a couple of weeks ;)

Thanks Guys – I know the sensible thing to do is wait (…what’s another 3 weeks after 4 months!)
But as I have a 600 mile trip coming up at the end of August it would be a great drive in the new mota.
I’ve even tried to be cheeky and get my dealer and Audi UK to lend me a car for the week but there having none of it!
Oh well I guess we’ll be going in the wife’s focus.

Dealer just called - car is at Emden port awaiting shipping.
Basically it’s with going to be last weekend in July or first weekend in August delivery!
So tempted to take the car so I can go on holiday in it - Decisions, decisions!

Dealer just called - car is at Emden port awaiting shipping.
Basically it’s with going to be last weekend in July or first weekend in August delivery!
So tempted to take the car so I can go on holiday in it - Decisions, decisions!

Pick it up!!

You bought the car for a reason, and if there was ever an excuse to get it, its for going on holiday with! You know you will be so chuffed driving that during your holiday, it will make the break really special!!

Plate reg's are irrelevant these days anyway how, who cares!! I dont!!

Get the car, get the car, get the car!!!