A4 Avant 2011 SatNav and bluetooth Query

chuckalicious

Reaction score
Hi everyone, did a search on this but can't find a full answer one way or the other.

I have a 60 reg A4 Avant Technik (bought Jan 2011) which has the integrated sat nav/ssd and ipod setup as well as bluetooth phone prep. I do not currently have a note of the software version. Bought from Stirling Audi.

My first question is - is it possible to upgrade the sat nav software to accept full UK post codes. It's almost useless as it is just now and seems a serious waste of money. When I asked my local Audi dealer they huffed and puffed and then said no. I'm not 100% confident in that answer. If it is possible, is it a matter of buying a new DVD or does the unit software need upgraded too?

Secondly, is it possible to play audio over bluetooth to the system? We have the bluetooth phone prep but I'm guessing this is totally separate from the audio side of things? I would like to play music from my iphone without having to plug into the glovebox as this kills the bluetooth phone prep.

Thanks in advance.

Would appear that britain is the only country to use 7 digit postcodes.Looks like the problem will be addressed for future vehicles, but no mention of retrospective correction.
Unhappy with Audi satnav - Telegraph

when you put in the five digit postcode, does it offer a road to select? (I didnt want the sat nav option in mine as a tom tom does what i want)

I don't think you can upgrade to 7 digits, there has been talk on this and other forums about it so it might be worth doing a search. I have the new system with the 7 digit nav but to be honest I don't think it makes much of a difference and you'll not get lost with the 5 digit system!

That's a shame. I have to say I have been lost a few times with the 5 digit system. Quite often you don't have a street name, or it's a very long street, or an industrial estate etc, so for me it's pretty useless.

Big fail on Audi's part.

I believe you can play audio through the bluetooth. This is on the latest Audi systems. I do not use this function on mine, as it created a conflict everytime I played the iPhone through the MMI..

Hi everyone, did a search on this but can't find a full answer one way or the other.

I have a 60 reg A4 Avant Technik (bought Jan 2011) which has the integrated sat nav/ssd and ipod setup as well as bluetooth phone prep. I do not currently have a note of the software version. Bought from Stirling Audi.

My first question is - is it possible to upgrade the sat nav software to accept full UK post codes. It's almost useless as it is just now and seems a serious waste of money. When I asked my local Audi dealer they huffed and puffed and then said no. I'm not 100% confident in that answer. If it is possible, is it a matter of buying a new DVD or does the unit software need upgraded too?

Secondly, is it possible to play audio over bluetooth to the system? We have the bluetooth phone prep but I'm guessing this is totally separate from the audio side of things? I would like to play music from my iphone without having to plug into the glovebox as this kills the bluetooth phone prep.

Thanks in advance.

My car is a pre facelift (MY 2012) and I couldn’t believe that Audi had not yet sorted out the 7 digit postcode entry
or even the Bluetooth audio streaming.
I contacted Audi CS some time ago and was told that no retrospective software update would be made available
to give either 7 digit or Bluetooth audio functionality - in fact they even said this was not possible as it was a hardware issue, not software!
A load of ****** as I’m sure this could be done via software.

This has been discussed previously here, along with the other nav issues:-

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/149952-sat-nav-discontent.html

I am confused by these comments.. I can stream music from my iPhone via Bluetooth into the car.. The postcode thing is not a problem, as long as you have a street name.

I am confused by these comments.. I can stream music from my iPhone via Bluetooth into the car.. The postcode thing is not a problem, as long as you have a street name.

Gio
With regards to the audio streaming, I assume your car is a facelift model - we are taking about pre-facelift models.
As for the sat nav its really not confusing
£100 tom-tom - full postcode entry
£1850 Audi tech pack high - only 5 digit entry (again pre-facelift)
Granted, yes if you have the street name it’s not an issue - however fact is, it’s about cost vs functionality.

I can stream audio, not sure if this is only possible on 2012 models only. Don't use it as I have my iPod in the car all of the time, but did try it a while back for another forum member using my blackberry and it worked well.

i don't get why people get confused. the a4 catalog clearly states thats the basic satnav only does 5 digits and the upgraded one does 7digits.