A4 Avant 2.0 tdi coolant temp sensor location help

Alex1010

Reaction score
Hi all! I am trying to find the location of the coolant temperature sensor on my 2.0 tdi but so far I haven't had any luck. I have tried looking on multiple YouTube videos or pictures but to be fair I haven't found any out there or I am terrible at looking. I found one post on this forum about the fuel temp sensor but nothing about the coolant one. I've read someone's post on another forum saying that it might be behind the engine block and it is quite hard to get to? I went out today and had a proper look and I found something literally behind the engine and basically if you look straight at the engine below the battery location and I've taken a picture of the connector that goes in there. There is also a pipe just above that connector that seems to have a bit of a pink mark at the connection so its making me think it's definitely linked to the coolant. Could you please help me confirm that is the location of it or if anyone has better pictures can you please share it? Many thanks for your belp

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170917-175152.png
    Screenshot_20170917-175152.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 307