A4 air filter options???

keviny997p

Reaction score
Hello,

Im looking for advice on an Air filter for my 56 reg A4 2.0TDI SLine(140)

I am hopefully gettin it remapped in the next two weeks but was wondering hould i go with the straight panel replacement, or should i be looking at a different option. I dont want to be spending anything over 150 either.

So can anyone help??

KN pannel filter, £30 or so, job done!

a tdi wont use a cone properly on a A4 unless you move its position as its above the turbo..so all you will suck is hot air....lovely.

also a tdi is at wide open throttle all the time, the power is chnaged by how much fuel is injected, so the cone wont bark like on a petrol car when you put your foot down, it will just drone all day every day no matter what speed, and just drone bit louder on boost.

spend the money on a proper remap from a reputable company (my votes for Motech peformance) as that will get you more power than any cone, and then look at doing something like a front mounted intercooler, but then your in to the relms of custom building pipe work and connectors etc... not a 30 second job.

Thanks,

I have a pipercross on my TDI A3, but a lot of people say a stock paper filter is just as Good??

I have been looking into the Alientech Powergate box which, apparently, is a Rebadged ST3 module. I like the option to reset the system back to fast road if the system was to ever get flashed you see.:meeting:

Thanks,

I have a pipercross on my TDI A3, but a lot of people say a stock paper filter is just as Good??

I have been looking into the Alientech Powergate box which, apparently, is a Rebadged ST3 module. I like the option to reset the system back to fast road if the system was to ever get flashed you see.:meeting:

You want an ITG panel filter mate, much better than k&n as they dont need oiling and cleaning all the time and much less restrictive.

You want an ITG panel filter mate, much better than k&n as they dont need oiling and cleaning all the time and much less restrictive.

foam has been known to brake up with age.. and a TDI mapped sucks very hard!! the KNs dont need oiling all the time or cleaning all the time provided you dont live anywhere stupidly dusty but if you do any filter will need cleaning loads then

also paper elements arent that restrictive on modern engines, guy I work worth spent ages working on vehicle emissions and says modern paper elements give little flow drop even when full..but i still prefer a filter i can take out and clean