A4 Adjustable actuator

matt_simo1

Reaction score
Hi all, looking to spend some money on the old girl within the next 2 weeks, but was wondering how many of you have adjusted the actuator on the turbo? if so what is a safe pressure to run? and the standard turbo comes with an adjustable actuator anyway doesnt it from what i can see with torches and mirrors :) That aside its having everything from coilovers......re-map.....exhaust system.....the 312mm brake conversion....FMIC.....and new wheels and tyres. Cant wait!!

To be honest get rid of the tiny K03 and get a hybrid, gt28 or big turbo.

The actuator on my hybrid is set to 8psi.

its not something you can just wind up to get more power on these cars. If only lol

Bradderz ive looked into the GT28 and hybrid turbos and with everything else i want to do i just dont have the money for it? unless im looking in the wrong places of course...

Jason.S Granted if i just wound it up with out doing anything else ill just end up messing everything up, but surely with the everything else and the re-map turning the boost up will surely give it some more poke no? it works on every other turbo car ive owned??

No doesnt really work on these to be honest. The actuator is never touched on the standard turbo to be honest. When mapped the map does all the adjustment. Nothing physical has to be adjusted. A tuner would never advise touching the actuator unless it was faulty in some way, maybe was weak and required a higher pressure item or an original replacement on anything VAG.

If money is an object, i would just "chip" it and be done. Spend money making the car quicker point to point by getting brakes and suspension etc

Thanks Bradderz! had a look and actually put a bid in but it has play both side to side and in and out so not sure on that one....But does it have to be the GT28R? or is that and the GT28 the same? sorry but also is a straight swap?? Thanks mate

No you will need exhaust manifold and the adapters for the inducer and outlet and maybe custom pipework have a look at Lee's write up he's done a gt28 conversion and on the spec of that turbo I wouldn't no it may be worth dropping the seller a msg asking him.

That 28R on ebay is knackered. "In and out" play means its humped, and they arent rebuildable as they're ball bearing cores, meaning its new core time.

AHH Thanks guys!! ill cancel the bid and look into lee's write up cheers