1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 3.0 TDi quattro

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by auditastic, Aug 19, 2013.

1. auditastic

auditastic New Member

Hi All,

In the process of selling my C Class Merc to come back to Audi. I'm looking to find a 3 ltr TDi Quattro A4, would appreciate advice on pro's/cons and what to look for?!?!
    I believe there is no cambelt, but runs a cam chain and doesn't need changing for 180K....True/False

Any advice greatly appreciated....just for info, used to have a series 1 A4 2.5 TDi Quattro and only sold it due to the poor rear space having had our second child....really miss that motor, best I've had....Cheers
  2. wesmaster

wesmaster Member

If its space you want then get an A6, not A4!
    V6 Quatt likes this.
  3. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Early chain drives were a bit problematic and i have met a few that broke on the 3.0Tdi. One thing for sure, audi does not make great chain drives, if you want reliable chain then stay with mercedes or Bmw...
    The later tdv engines used a 2 simplex chains drive so are supposedly more reliable !
  4. ukphillad

ukphillad Member

Agreed :)
  5. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

+1

I'll be moving to something bigger very soon. It's surprising how little room there is.