1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 3.0 Quattro or Audi TTC 225

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by RobG, Jun 11, 2003.

1. RobG

RobG New Member

[Jun 11, 2003]
    I donty know what car to get!! I dont know whether to go for the new A4 3.0 Quattro with the optional kit on it or get a TTC 225bhp. What are everyone elses thoughts?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. Drystone

Drystone Member

[Jun 11, 2003]
    Welcome to the board Rob.

Personally I'd go for the TTC. Reasons being:

1, I prefer the styling, smaller and more sporty.

2, I prefer the interior, again more sporty/fashionable and with a 'cocooning' feel to it.

3, I've got no kids (yet) so I'm not arsed about rear seat space and a massive boot (the TTC is reasonably practical anyway).

4, The 225 TTC can be easily chipped to 270ish BHP for less then £900, this is probably my main reason for choosing the car over the A4.

5, The TTC would probably handle better and be more 'chuckable' due to it's smaller size.

6, The 1.8T engine in the TT can be fairly economical if you drive it right (30mpg+), the 3.0 would be more thirsty I'm sure.

Oh to have the choice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers,

Christian
  4. jamesa

jamesa Member

[Jun 11, 2003]
    there are not many cars that look as good as that new A4; quite the predicament you're in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

have you driven them both? that would be my first step!

-- james
  5. A2driver

A2driver New Member

[Jun 11, 2003]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif the best thing is indeed to drive both cars. I would go
    for the A4 3.0 q. why ? it looks great, 6 cilinder, more options to choose from (Nav Plus etc.)

have fun driving both cars !

6. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 11, 2003]
    Difficult one m8... kitted A4 looks well mean... very sexy, but then u have the TTC which has huge tuning potential against the 3.0 NA V6 which has next to none. Really depends wat u want from it. If u are not going to mod it engine wise, then i would go the the A4 as it will serve more purposes.. more versatile, but if you want tuning potential, it has to be the TTC. As Christian said, it would be so nice to have your dilemma!

Let us know what u choose!

On the other hand, Get a 1.8T quattro, and drop a 2.7T RS4 in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Best of both worlds.. have a 380 monster A4

Rich
  7. RobG

RobG New Member

[Jun 18, 2003]
    I test drove the two at the weekend and to my suprise the A4 felt more stable going round corners fast. I like the TT but I think that the price of them is going to plumet sooner or later, where as the A4 is quite new. The 3.0ltr A4 sound quality aswell and that kit makes it. Ive put a offer in on a 51plate A4 quattro with 8000 miles on it, with the kit already on it Im just waiting to see what they'll offer me for mine all it needs is them quality new 5spoke RS6 alloys on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
  8. RobG

RobG New Member

[Jun 23, 2003]
    Yer mate ive made my mind up and im gonna go for the A4 I think they look at beast with that optional kit on. Plus there a bit new looking
  9. jamesa

jamesa Member

[Jun 23, 2003]
    the only thing to be aware of, is that I've heard there's going to be an S4 cab come the Detroit Motor Show. There'll probably be a big price difference, but if you're willing to pay it may be worth keeping in mind

-- james
  10. mole

mole New Member

[Jun 25, 2003]
    I had a TTR225 for 2.5 years and now have had an A4 Cab 3.0 Sport Multi for six months and find the Cab a much better car all round.