A4 2ltr FSI 2003

CK Tech

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum but need help with the above vehicle problems.
It all started with oil usage and a worn clutch.

Garage diagnosis, replace clutch and valve stem seals probable cause of oil problem.
Parts replaced clutch fine still oil problem.
Must need piston ring replacement.
Still oil problem.

Started to investigate on internet, found reference to oil breather pipes and PCV valve.
Replaced these. Oil problem reduced. Then found more on the vacuum system on this engine. Replaced PVC and vacuum pipes. Things starting to get better. Cylinder number 3 oils up after several weeks having replaced the plug. Engine runs fine after plug replacement, but misfire will return.

Vehicle has done 260000 Km but we love it.

Reactions: fanta
Hi I'm new to the forum but need help with the above vehicle problems.
It all started with oil usage and a worn clutch.

Garage diagnosis, replace clutch and valve stem seals probable cause of oil problem.
Parts replaced clutch fine still oil problem.
Must need piston ring replacement.
Still oil problem.

Started to investigate on internet, found reference to oil breather pipes and PCV valve.
Replaced these. Oil problem reduced. Then found more on the vacuum system on this engine. Replaced PVC and vacuum pipes. Things starting to get better. Cylinder number 3 oils up after several weeks having replaced the plug. Engine runs fine after plug replacement, but misfire will return.

Vehicle has done 260000 Km but we love it.
What are the above vehicle problems? Can't see them

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What are the above vehicle problems? Can't see them

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The engine misfires and runs rough. Plug number 3 oils up over a period. Runs better when warmed up.