a4 2000 indicators not working

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
hi all this side of the forum my girlfreinds dad has a a4 2000 and his indicators have stopped working sometimes it will flash once when he 1st puts them on but wont continue to flash after, however the hazzards still work fine

sounds like a relay fault to me is there a seperate relay for the indicators to the hazzards?? or is it on the same line

is this a common fault or has anyone else here experienced this fault and had it repaired??

many thanks in advance, kev

The hazard switch is the relay, swap that out and you will be fine. The unit contains 2 flasher units, one for the hazards and one for the indicators

The hazard switch is the relay, swap that out and you will be fine. The unit contains 2 flasher units, one for the hazards and one for the indicators
nice one mate did wonder if the hazzard switch maybe the relay as is on other vehicles i had a look on auto data at my work the other day but couldnt find anything about hazzard relay or indicator relay

This might help :

IndicatorWiring.jpg

cheers for the wiring diagram think i might have had a wiring diagram at work but didnt have time to look at least now i havent got to try and find time excellent will orderthe hazzard switch tmoz