1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 2.8q + S4 antiroll bars?

Discussion in 'Handling' started by DriveByShooters, Mar 4, 2008.

1. DriveByShooters

DriveByShooters Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine

Hi guys, I've got an A4 2.8q on a 1998 R plate. I'm running 18's with 40 series and FK highsport coilovers. Suspension wise, everything else is standard.

I've been offered some S4 standard antiroll bars (front and rear)...now will these make a huge difference and will i need to change the drop links for shorter units?:think:
  2. knotty

knotty thirsty green posing machine

Hi mate i guess it was your car at gaydon sunday?
    If so can i ask what make your angel eyes are as they looked quite good quality and fancy some myself?
    As for the rollbars i changed mine for s4 it was a straight swap but advisable to change the rubbers,APS in Brackley told me it would handle a lot better but i hardly noticed any difference to tell the truth!

Andy
  3. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

I uprated my front one to a big fat eibach jobbie and i haven't noticed a difference either to be honest.
  4. DriveByShooters

DriveByShooters Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine

Yes dude, that was my car there Sunday...would be rude to organize the event and not bring my own car. LOL.

Have you got one piece facelift headlamps on yours?:uhm:
  5. macca

macca Member

on a4's i don't think you need to change the drop links to different length as this only affects golfs/a3's.
  6. macca

macca Member

also i have heard you can change the front drop links for rear aftermarket imprezza wrx ones if you need new ones that are a bit flash. i am looking into this soon when i fit some new ARB's to mine.
  7. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You may notice a difference if you were NON sport originaly. I fitted a sport/S4 front ARB to mine and it made a slight but noticable difference.

If they are free or cheap, it cant hurt, but i wouldnt pay a lot for them as a good aftermarket kit for the Quattro is under £300 and alledgedly its a night and day difference to standard
  8. PW-Motorsport

PW-Motorsport Member

The 2.8 quattro front and rear anti roll bar have the same part numbers as the S4, if you originally had sports suspension.
    Best upgrade is the H+R kit front and rear bar kit. This is only available for quattro models.