1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 2.5TDI Cabriolet

TonyB Jun 2, 2003

1. TonyB

TonyB New Member

Hi.

New to this forum and have taken a new 2.5 TDI cabriolet out on a test spin last week.

Does anyone have an opinion on a diesel cabriolet. Never had a diesel before.

I'm upgrading from an MX5 to an A4 cab, but can't be bothered to wait the 3 months being quoted for a new one, hence this relatively new diesel has come into my sights.

It seems pretty well specced up (everything I want/need anyway) and has around £1500 saving on the new price (previous owner had to give it back or something).

Any advice/views appreciated!

2. A2driver

A2driver New Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif the best combination is the 2.5 TDI Multitronic, only when the car is running stationar you can hear it is a diesel. The incredible torque at low revs makes the car great to drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. TonyB

TonyB New Member

I agree that you can only tell it's a diesel when it's stationery.

After my test drive, I left the engine running and took a walk around. Only when I was standing directly in front of it could I tell it was a diesel.

Very, very impressed. I'm gonna give the garage a call tomorrow & if they can work out the right finance package, I think I'll be jumping aboard.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif