1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 2.0tfsi door sensor problem ?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Morgan46, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Morgan46

Morgan46 Member

My car won't acknowledge that the door is closed so interior light stays on and electric mirrors and windows won't work from any switch on any door,it will acknowledge the rear doors are open/closed and the passenger one too but not drivers side ,I've checked the fuses they are all fine and the pin and lock are clean ?any ideas ?
  2. ChrisShepB7

ChrisShepB7 Member

If its anything like my old mk4 golf it'll be the door lock module in the door.
  3. Morgan46

Morgan46 Member

after looking at a few threads it looks like a micro switch problem inside the lock mechanism
  4. lynallbel

lynallbel Active Member

Could be a broken wire in the rubber gaiter between the door and the A pillar.
  5. ChrisShepB7

ChrisShepB7 Member

Yeah all the micro switches that tell the comfort control ecu if the door is locked, unlocked, shut or open are located in the door lock module, if your handy with a soldering iron I think you can repair them but it's a lot easier to just swap it for a new or known working item.
  6. Morgan46

Morgan46 Member

think that's what I will do my mate works at Audi and gets things for me at his discount rate so will try that
  7. lynallbel

lynallbel Active Member

Have fun, i dont think i have ever changed a door latch/catch mech thats easy!
  8. Morgan46

Morgan46 Member

I'm a windscreen fitter by trade so taking doors apart is to fit side glass is my speciality so shouldn't be too bad hopefully !