1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant - Boot lid wont stay up

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by path2, Sep 15, 2009.

1. path2

path2 New Member

Hi

I bought a 55 plate s-line avant about two months ago. Ever since I bought it, the tension in the boot lid when it was in the open position was such that it only needed a slight push down to get it to 'slam' shut. Now, it has went by that stage and won't even stay up when i try to open it. I now have to keep the lid open with my head each time i need into my boot, and even then the tension pushing the lid down is quite severe.

Just really on here to find out if this is a common-ish fault? Is it covered by the manufacturers warranty?

Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Thanks

Pat

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. path2

path2 New Member

I have since learned that it's probably the boot struts that need replaced. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I can purchase these struts? Also, if anyone has any experience of refitting these - are they relatively straight forward to fit?

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Yeah just replace these mate & this will resolve the problem.

They are usually held in place with a ball joint that you push on then a clip that holds them on in place, so remove the clip, then force the ball joint of & reverse fit, fairly easy mate to be honest, one end might be bolted on.

5. Good 2 B A Gooner

Check bay, and also speak with your local main dealer - I've just got a new in-dash cup-holder from my main dealer, on bay they where going for £25+, but they're only £24 new from audi....!

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

See this all the time on the bay, people who pay more than rrp for parts & I just have to laugh in shock they can be so stupid when the dealers are cheaper for a new part, lol.

7. path2

path2 New Member

got them eventually. www.sgs-engineering.com. £12.99 +vat per strut. got them in two days. my local audi dealership wanted £25 +vat per strut and said they would take a week to come into stock... :meeting: