A4 2.0TDI(DPF) 170 Quattro Chip / Remap?

Keef

Reaction score
Does any one know if you can chip the 2.0 TDI 170 (DPF) quattro yet?
Should be getting one in December.
If so to what BHP? how much £? and who does it??
I heard there was problems with chipping these something to do with the DPF bit?

Thanks

Keef

I've had my 170 re-mapped. That has a dpf and I got Audi to do it for me so guessing its fine! It now produces 205bhp and 320lb/ft. Because I had it done by Audi, I aint got to hide anything from them and I keep my full manufacturer warranty and have a 3 year warranty on the re-map itself!

lil_coz

Didnt know that Audi did that??
What dealership? how much??

Cheers

Keef

Same as Keef - which dealerships do this?

I'd be tempted to have mine (140PS) chipped. I'd be happy with it pushing 165PS to avoid compromising fuel consumption too much.

How does yours fare lil_coz, hows it performing mate

I doubt this warranty will be backed up by Audi UK. I think it may just be backed by the supplying dealer and not Audi themselves.

Can you tell us which dealer offered this service?

Sorry for late reply...

But it aint cheep. They usually charge 700 + vat on all remaps.

However.... I got it done for £500 including vat so I'm not complaining! They gave me a deal coz my dad had his Q7 done too.

This was at Audi in Hitchin. Think its Wayside Audi group.

As for the performance, I cant let you know for sure. Still breast feeding it! Coming up to 1K miles so beginning to open the taps more. Saying that an alfa and a bm did try it on and they both went backwards!

I have read a couple of threads about torque steer etc but if you got quattro, it dont even hesitate it so its recommended!

Hope that helps...

Hi Guys

We have been tuning the 170pd models for months now with great results.

You will run at approx 205bhp with an increase of +75NM of torque after the P-Torque map.

We are offering this mapping for £300 all in during Xmas/January.

All mapping is carried out via your cars OBD port, with no ECU removal (new for the 170pd models)

Any questions, please ask

Will

Chip-n-spin said:
Hi there,

Yes we can do these now to and the figures above are correct.

Thanks, Mark

p-torque.co.uk said:
Hi Guys

We have been tuning the 170pd models for months now with great results.

You will run at approx 205bhp with an increase of +75NM of torque after the P-Torque map.

We are offering this mapping for £300 all in during Xmas/January.

All mapping is carried out via your cars OBD port, with no ECU removal (new for the 170pd models)

Any questions, please ask

How have you both got round the DPF issues?

Macduff said:
How have you both got round the DPF issues?

Yes, never had any issues. We had a Leon 170PD for 1 week to perfect the mapping. The key to mapping well, without issues is in the injection maps at higher rpm's, not saying too much more though :)

You will 100% have no DPF clogging issues

p-torque.co.uk said:
Yes, never had any issues. We had a Leon 170PD for 1 week to perfect the mapping. The key to mapping well, without issues is in the injection maps at higher rpm's, not saying too much more though :)

You will 100% have no DPF clogging issues

can this be done to a 170 TDI with DSG?

p-torque.co.uk said:
Yes, no problem :rockwoot:

interesting - are there any issues with the increase in power and the size of the twin clutches?

richjohnhughes said:
interesting - are there any issues with the increase in power and the size of the twin clutches?

Non at all, we adjust torque peaks accordingly :icon_thumright:

I thought 'Macduff's' question related to the DPF (Diesel particulate filter).
I heard there were problems chipping these something to do with the filter?

Keef said:
I thought 'Macduff's' question related to the DPF (Diesel particulate filter).
I heard there were problems chipping these something to do with the filter?

Hi There

Questions were asked by different members regarding both subjects :icon_thumright:

DPF - No problem at all with the correct mapping

DSG - Torque peak is reduced slightly

A3 owners need to be aware that due to a software upgrade to 2006 (56) on models (mines just been in for first service @18000 miles) any remaps/chipping will be WIPED CLEAN by the upgrade,could be the costliest service ever!!!!!!!!!!!

A3 owners need to be aware that due to a software upgrade to 2006 (56) on models (mines just been in for first service @18000 miles) any remaps/chipping will be WIPED CLEAN by the upgrade,could be the costliest service ever!!!!!!!!!!!

If this happens, we will flash the ECU back to tuned state, free of charge :icon_thumright: