A4 2.0tdi 170 2007 quattro avant

subsea99

Reaction score
Hi all,new to the forum

Just put in new engine and its throwing up some codes which are p0299,p0402,p0101 & p0102

Im hoping that cleaning maf sensor and egr will sort out some of these and have checked all hoses and pipes for leaks but all seem ok gonna check out n75 solenoid valve as well.

Anyone had these problems and got any advice,all info greatly appreciated

cheers

Ok so thats car running now,small hole in diaphram so that was replaced,but still wouldn't start turns out it was the dpf its had melted inside due to not being able to perform regen then causing the turbo to snap its shaft in half....the car went to audi 8 months ago for injector issue,i reckon that it was dpf all along,injectors were all carbon'd up due to regen not being able to be complete cycle,then dpf melts,turbo goes due to dpf blocked.

i have spoken to a mechanic that has done quite a few of these now and it all starts the same injectors replaced then turbo due to dpf then if dpf is left it,next will be engine

i have taken the insides out of the dpf/cat and its off for a remap to stop its dpf regeneration cycle,as diesel cars only need to pass a smoke test the cat should not be required and should pass mot's,will cross that bridge when its comes,The other mechanic that i was speaking to removes the whole lot as audi say that its part dpf part cat ...load o ******** its all the same honeycomb filter.

Anyway will get the car to how i want it...eventually

Hope this can help someone in same position

cheers

Hi,

do youhave any picks of when you opened up the dpf.
I'm going to "gut" mine but not sure where to cut it open.

Hi,

do youhave any picks of when you opened up the dpf.
I'm going to "gut" mine but not sure where to cut it open.

We just cut a rectangle along the dpf large enough to rake out the filter,think it was around 10L" x 3"W and was positioned in a way as when the dpf is back on car you can't see the welds,wish i had taken some pics now,totally forgot.