1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 2.0 TDI Cabriolet Chipped

aadams1x Jul 3, 2007

1. aadams1x

aadams1x Member

Hi, Has anyone chipped the 2.0 TDI Cab, how did it perform, who did you use and sorry to sound sensible but what happened to the MPG! Thanks :)

2. Hotscar

Hotscar Four Wheel Drifting

If it's the 140 engine I'm sure there are lots of other posts in other sections so it might be worth doing a search.

3. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

I have the Golf 140ps and it chips well, mine is 182bhp and 405NM, MPG improves if you drive sensibly, cane it and it drops. Having said that not matter how I drive I don't get less than 42mpg

4. Spin140

Spin140 Well-Known Member

Agree with all the above had past 3 2.0tdi's remapped (bluefin) all achieved well above 180bhp from the 140 engine and all averaged above 42mpg - pretty good considering all my journeys are short.

The best money you will spend IMO.

5. timjhoward

timjhoward Audi Newbie

Hi Steve,

Can I ask which chip/tuning box you use? I am soon to become an A4 Cab owner and will definitely want to get some more perfomance out of it.

I currently have a Saab 93 with the 150bhp 1.9TiD engine, I took that to have a Tunit box and a rolling road session on it and it came out with 187bhp, I noticed the claims for Tunit on the VAG engine are not quite so impressive but still pretty good.

Also if your is a chip/ECU remap what will that do to the warranty? My Tunit box whips off quickly when it goes in to the dealership (about once a month with a Saab!!!) which is a definite advantage.

Cheers