1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 2.0 TDi and a lot of black smoke!

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by S30AN M, Jan 10, 2009.

1. S30AN M

S30AN M New Member

[Jan 10, 2009]
    Could anyone shed any light on this problem please?

Recently, my A4 has been very sluggish, low down in the revs it has no pull whatsoever, its just flat. Then when the revs build up a bit and the turbo kicks in it shoots a load of black smoke out the back then its away. I had it in to my local garage and he says it was the air flow meter. So he changed it but the problem is still there.... ? It's booked in again for Monday morning for him to have another look.

Thanks in advance
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 10, 2009]
    Yeah & maybe he will knock of the charges for the mistaken diagnosis the time he spends on it now, these garages do take the piss tbh, they change parts that dont fix the problem & still charge, guess using independents is the issue for that as audi can have parts on shelf that can swap etc to find fault, you sure its not exhaust related when it heats up, I'm not an expert into exhausts but seems to be when the engine has warmed up it chucks out some **** maybe its burned of & then its ok?
  4. fjtwelve

fjtwelve Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 11, 2009]
    Suspect the boost contol valve, its called the N75 on my engine but not sure about yours. A bright finish circular object sitting on the side of the turbo on mine, again not sure about yours.
  5. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking VCDS Map User

[Jan 11, 2009]
    I'm assuming he's done a diag check with VCDS or similar??