1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 2.0 petrol B6 2001 Clutch/DMF

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by dunanga, Sep 13, 2009.

1. dunanga

dunanga New Member

At 64000 miles my clutch seems to be on its way out, when taking off in No 1 it bites at a very high position. On enquiring on prices of clutch kits I was told that this car is fitted with a DMF (dual mass flywheel) and may also be fitted with a concentric slave cylinder. They said it might be a good idea to change the clutch,concentric slave cylinder and DMF. Has anybody got some advice on this. Please help before this leaves a big hole in my pocket. The tech told me that I may get away with 2-4k miles before the clutch starts "slipping". A ruff guide on price range might help. They recommended a LUK Clutch kit which costs apx £122.00.:blackrs4:
  2. acano

acano Member

did you get your clutch fixed and at what cost? mine is on its way out to i think, although not slipping it does have a high bite (not sure if this is normal)

Tony
  3. baynesey

baynesey well you better unsell them, sharpish!

mine's been high since I bought on 58k nearly three years, I've done just over 30k since and have seen no change, doesn't slip, gears engage perfectly ...
  4. droid

droid New Member

Hi,
    Before you part with you hard earned:
    Mine is also a 2.0 Sport.
    The clutch was high too for me and having small feet I found this quite awkward.
    So I had a new clutch and flywheel and low and behold after a few days it adjusted back to the high position again.
    I have just had to get used to it.
    Gary
  5. millwrx

millwrx Member

just brought a a4 avant 51 plate 2L petrol with 168000 miles on it and the clutch pedal bite is quite high on that
  6. dunanga

dunanga New Member

Hie Guys
    I followed the advice and info from other subscribers who are facing similar clutch problem. Guess what that was 64000 miles when it started but now I am on 74000 miles and still the clutch is working the same no better nor worse. I guess it is just what happens with these automobiles. Any developments guys with your motors re: this clutch problem, please keep posting!:greyrs4:
  7. HenriEST

HenriEST Member

exactly the same on mine 2.0 sport 2001 on 59997 miles ha ha dont want 60k :( lol but yeah my clutch seems high as since i bought it. i guess thats how they are