A4 170 TDi lumpy cold irratic idle

b19rak

Reaction score
[h=2]A4 170 TDi lumpy cold irratic idle[/h]
As the title states; I've just bought the car, had a full service and cambelt change by a local knowledgable VW Indy. Ran the car at the weekend and it's been fine. I had Audi do the injector recall yesterday. The car now has a very lumpy idle until it gets a bit warm.

Any ideas?​

If the problem has only occurred since having the injector recall done I would take it back to audi, your not the first to have this problem.

If the problem has only occurred since having the injector recall done I would take it back to audi, your not the first to have this problem.

hi, I called them and they told me they would charge me labour at about £100 to have a look if it wasn't caused by them. Any idea what the problem is if I'm not the first?

Mine did the opposite. Lumpy before the injectors, OK after.

Did they change the loom at the same time? If you take it back you are going to be at the mercy of Audi - it could be their fault but they'll still stiff you.

Our local audi called to say the oil in my car was really bad and needed changing - £150+VAT please. Funny that as when I first got there I asked about service record and the car had been serviced and belt change in August 2011 and had done 15K since. Still won't hurt to change the oil so doing it this weekend.

Can you take it to the local indy first? See what they say?

Mine did the opposite. Lumpy before the injectors, OK after.

Did they change the loom at the same time? If you take it back you are going to be at the mercy of Audi - it could be their fault but they'll still stiff you.

Our local audi called to say the oil in my car was really bad and needed changing - £150+VAT please. Funny that as when I first got there I asked about service record and the car had been serviced and belt change in August 2011 and had done 15K since. Still won't hurt to change the oil so doing it this weekend.

Can you take it to the local indy first? See what they say?

Im thinking of taking it back to the local Indy first as he did the cambelt and service a few days before. Someone on another forum said that they had the same thing after a cambelt change and the timing was a tiny bit out. I know Audi would string me for a few hundred quid to say they don't know what it is.