1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 1.9tdi Q avant

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by gmana4zzz, Sep 22, 2012.

1. gmana4zzz

gmana4zzz New Member

Right lets see what you all think of this little problem i have, scanned with vcds 2 faults temp sensorand engine mount,fitted new temp sensor with genuine, engine mount purchased but forgot to bring it home.right im having issues with misiing or holding back when im going up the rev range under load first miss at 1700 then 2300 then about 4300 the car drives really nice but when you want to get on it holds back, disconnected maf no power, ive been out with vcds plugged in everything seems ok can anyone shed any light on this for me thanks

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

It could be the turbo vains putting the car in limp mode.....other than that check the obvious boost pipes etc

4. pauldazzle

pauldazzle Well-Known Member

Could still be the MAF as the unplug it to see if it runs better trick doesn't seem to work on Audi TDi's.

5. gmana4zzz

gmana4zzz New Member

Im going to try fuel filter on monday its not been changed since october 2011.

6. gmana4zzz

gmana4zzz New Member

Im going to try a maf tomorrow my tdi golf has same maf that will save buying one if its not that

7. gmana4zzz

gmana4zzz New Member

New maf better at 2000 revs still juddering at 3500- 4000 revs ,going to clean egr,and then see what else i can try!

8. gmana4zzz

gmana4zzz New Member

Hi all ive still not managed to cure this fault,replaced thermostat its now worse and only does it once the car is up to temp, ive had the egr deleted via the ecu so thats now not a issue but would i still need to clean the egr valve out ??? Any help would be great many thanks

9. gmana4zzz

gmana4zzz New Member

Hi all egr cleaned today and blanked off it wasnt that dirty tho, turbo cleaned too actuator arm is free but i still have same problem someone must have a clue what is going on,going out with vcds tommorow to see if it puts a fault up hey ho

10. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Take the rocker cover off and look closely at the camshaft, pay attention to the lobes pushing on the lifters ! I bet a few are worn..

11. gmana4zzz

gmana4zzz New Member

Yea good point but only has the symptoms when warm !!!