A4 1.9tdi '98 anti-lock brake lifgt coming on

• Thread starter imported_dazfoz
  • Start date
I

imported_dazfoz

Hope somebody can help, before i go for a long and expensive visit to an audi dealer, can somebody help me diagnose and hopefully solve my problem. On a cold start my ABS light comes on, (my ABS is now inactive) after about 15 mins running if I turn the engine off and back on again the light stays off (about 75% of the time) and the ABS is now working again.

Can anybody give me any ideas?

Thanks Daz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dazfoz said:
Hope somebody can help, before i go for a long and expensive visit to an audi dealer, can somebody help me diagnose and hopefully solve my problem. On a cold start my ABS light comes on, (my ABS is now inactive) after about 15 mins running if I turn the engine off and back on again the light stays off (about 75% of the time) and the ABS is now working again.

Can anybody give me any ideas?

Thanks Daz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Would suggest to clean up the wheel speed sensors (mounted on the back plate of the wheel hub) at the four corners, these obviously become caked with crap over time and if metallic elements stick to them the signal could be wrong. At the same time you should check the sensor plugs which are also located at the wheels, just a quick clean out with some electrical cleaner should od it.

Failing this you're going to need to get the diagnostic troubleshooting codes checked by a friend or the stealer.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif