a4 1.9 TDI SE 115 BHP Losing Power

alictait

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Any advice on this one ?

Sure someone here will hit the nail on the head quite quickly. I have a 2000 A4 1.9 TDI 115 that's occasionally losing power, i.e very little acceleration, usually but not always around the 60 - 70 mph mark. If I flick the ignition on and off whilst driving the problem clears itself and the car is fine. It can be fine for 5 mins or a ful day.

I think it to be coincidental but happened around the same time that OH spilt Milkshake all over the Air con controls (happy days), but is there an easy way to remove that panel as all the buttons are sticking - even after attempting to clean it all off from the outside (prob just ended up pushing it all inside).

Any help much appreciated thanks.

:beerchug:

The running issue, I'd suggest you get the car diagnosed with VAG-COM or similar, will save a lot of guess work.

The climate control panel can be removed, and carefully dismantled.
I dismantled a pre-facelift panel, and just ran it under warm water, to remove the sticky residue.

I finished of by allowing it to dry naturally, then went over the lot with methylated spirit, and it was fine after.

Once you remove it from the car, you'll find it can be taken apart, and the buttons cleaned seperately.

The running issue, I'd suggest you get the car diagnosed with VAG-COM or similar, will save a lot of guess work.

The climate control panel can be removed, and carefully dismantled.
I dismantled a pre-facelift panel, and just ran it under warm water, to remove the sticky residue.

I finished of by allowing it to dry naturally, then went over the lot with methylated spirit, and it was fine after.

Once you remove it from the car, you'll find it can be taken apart, and the buttons cleaned seperately.

Yeah Vag-com will prob be best in the long run.

Ive got the climate control unit out of the car now - now to disassemble and clean.

Thanks for reply.

Go to the diesel forum, you are one of many with such problems and there are many answers there. Personally I suspect that your MAF is on the way out.

Go to the diesel forum, you are one of many with such problems and there are many answers there. Personally I suspect that your MAF is on the way out.

Cheers for this :),

I hope it is, I replaced the last one myself but it wasn't intermittent like this and didn't come back to life when the ignition was flicked on and off.

Thanks again, Ali

Had this problem with my Vdubz,

eventually i had to replace the MAF.