a4 1.8tq avant

I

imported_disley

Hi everyone
I am fairly new to the audi scene as i have been a bm man for a while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Anyway i am converted now and am on the lookout for an a4 1.8tq avant 1999-2001 b5,

would just like any advice on things i should look out for when purchasing as i dont know too much about the a4, other than it looks the bom...
many thanks in advance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the B5 is known for faulty front suspension parts, and that can be costly. check the upper and lower control arms and the links. you can do that without a lift. just drive at low speed over a bump and listen to squeak or knocking noises.

also, check the a/c unit. the lcd display likes to fade out.

take the car for a ride. try to accelarate while cruising about 70-80 mikles, if the car feels powerless, that could be related to a faulty maf.

check for noises from the dump valve, good to hear between shifting gears. they are nown to be faulty.

the brake disc are known to be easy wrapped. try to apply slightly the brakes at a speed of about 70 mph. they should not pulsate.

you can check tons of thing, but i dont want to put you off. overall...GREAT CAR!