1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 1.8T sport car battery replacement

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by andyhud, Aug 1, 2006.

1. andyhud

andyhud New Member

[Aug 1, 2006]
    Hi chaps,

I need to replace my battery on my T reg (1999) 1.8T sport Audi (not avant). I went to halfords and found the battery "replacement" for it. I think the code was HBA 110 and its a pretty big battery!

Just wondered if there are any issues before I disconnect the battery I need to be aware of?

I've heard of 1 touch window thing stopping working, radio codes? is that another, and leaving the key in the ignition for 5 seconds after changing the battery before starting it?

Any advice on swapping the battery out would be appreciated. I havent bought it yet by the way.

Cheers

Andy
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. icenutter

icenutter Member

[Aug 1, 2006]
    Yea the battery is huge isn't it! You might be interested to know that its bigger than that fitted to Land Rover Defenders (tdi and td5). I'm sure that a smaller one would be fine, but audi seem to have gone for the overkill option.

I think you mentioned all the possible problems in your original post. Make sure you know your radio code! One-touch windows come back by holding down the switch.
  4. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

[Aug 1, 2006]
    The one that was in my car was tiny and i fitted a bigger one.
  5. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 1, 2006]
    All that you have stated it true but to fix the window after change just flick the window up switch for each window up a couple of time while the windows are up to fix that.

And here is a link to how to remove and some other info on the subject.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec129.shtml