1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3T Quattro or Mini cooper S

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by crazybri, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. crazybri
    Offline

    crazybri New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2004
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    hello,

    Im pretty new on here,

    At the min ive got a mini cooper S, its alright but costs me a fortune!!! on insurance,

    im now thinkin about gerrin a an A3 T quattro... if i modded the A3 would i be able to leave a cooper S or still a pretty regarding speed n handling.

    let me know wot u think!??

    cheers,

    Bri
    #1
  2. crazybri
    Offline

    crazybri New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2004
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    cheers 4 the info lads,

    ive decided to get the A3 anyway, at the minute its costs me 4 n half grand on insurance on the mini. i think im going to take it to AMD and get the stage3 or 4. its only till i turn 21 in april then i will get an S3 (insurance permitting)

    thanks a lot

    Bri
    #2
  3. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    CrazyBri said:
    cheers 4 the info lads,

    ive decided to get the A3 anyway, at the minute its costs me 4 n half grand on insurance on the mini. i think im going to take it to AMD and get the stage3 or 4. its only till i turn 21 in april then i will get an S3 (insurance permitting)

    thanks a lot

    Bri

    [/ QUOTE ]

    £4.5k? you havin a laugh? Your eitehr incredibly well off or incredibly stupid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Onlt kidding mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    The Cooper S is a cracking little car i reckon and i think you will have more fun in that than you will in the A3 purely because the Cooper S was designed as a 'fun' car...the Audi was not. Dont get me wrong, they can be fun, just not so out of the box like the cooper.

    Rich
    #3
  4. recomdos
    Offline

    recomdos Member

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2004
    Messages:
    988
    Likes Received:
    2
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    CrazyBri said:
    cheers 4 the info lads,

    ive decided to get the A3 anyway, at the minute its costs me 4 n half grand on insurance on the mini. i think im going to take it to AMD and get the stage3 or 4. its only till i turn 21 in april then i will get an S3 (insurance permitting)

    thanks a lot

    Bri

    [/ QUOTE ]

    £4.5k? you havin a laugh? Your eitehr incredibly well off or incredibly stupid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Onlt kidding mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif



    [/ QUOTE ]

    I was thinking this was a tad steep (to say the least)
    #4
  5. peteA3tdi
    Offline

    peteA3tdi Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2004
    Messages:
    408
    Likes Received:
    0
    so crazybri how much is the insurance going to be on a A3 with a AMD
    stage 3 or 4 ??
    #5
  6. EvilTad
    Offline

    EvilTad Member

    Joined:
    May 11, 2004
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    peteTDI said:
    so crazybri how much is the insurance going to be on a A3 with a AMD
    stage 3 or 4 ??

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Thats what I was thinking. Insurance for me is very comparable on a 1.8t Quattro, Cooper S and S3.

    Not £4.5k tho. Thats Ferrari Insurance Money.
    #6
  7. S3tony
    Offline

    S3tony Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2004
    Messages:
    396
    Likes Received:
    0
    wow 4.5k!!! dont think u should have a problem with the s3 when ur 21 as i have had my s3 for about 4 weeks now, jus got my renewal notice through and ive not long since turned 22 & it came in at £850 with protected no claims. i will have 4 years so didnt think it was that bad. anyway enjoy ur cheaper insurance and ur a3 when u get one!
    #7
  8. crazybri
    Offline

    crazybri New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2004
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    well as it stands, its still going to cost me 3600 on the A3 but im also saving money on the car so im not bothered. Its costin me 10k its got 47k on the clock and its on a V plate, it has full audi history etc... dont know if its reasonable or not!??

    i can tell u now, that the insurance man wont be knowin about my mods, thats if they materialize and i dont go out and buy a motor bike before!!

    #8
  9. crazybri
    Offline

    crazybri New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2004
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Did i mention the 4 n half grand insurance was me as a named driver on my dads insurance?? haha must of slipped my mind!
    #9
  10. jojo
    Offline

    jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2003
    Messages:
    25,925
    Likes Received:
    1,558
    [ QUOTE ]
    CrazyBri said:
    Did i mention the 4 n half grand insurance was me as a named driver on my dads insurance?? haha must of slipped my mind!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Can't be much more to insure in your own name mate, gotta save some of that no-claims for later in life.
    #10
  11. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    Why is it so expensive mate? i had my A3 T sport wen i was 19 and paid £2k insurance in my own name with no NCB...Almost seems reasonable.

    Rich
    #11
  12. crazybri
    Offline

    crazybri New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2004
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    erm, i had a crash just over a year ago, pulled out on sumbody on a scooter, but its never been cheap. i had a civic Vti before the mini and it was still 1800 on my dads

    any of you know any decent companies ?
    #12
  13. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    CrazyBri said:
    erm, i had a crash just over a year ago, pulled out on sumbody on a scooter, but its never been cheap. i had a civic Vti before the mini and it was still 1800 on my dads

    any of you know any decent companies ?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Elephant are good, and admiral (although the same company give different quotes...can play them off against each other tho!)
    #13
  14. crazybri
    Offline

    crazybri New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2004
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    RichA3Turbo i'd like to come and shake your hand mate,

    just done a quote on elephant and its down to 2737!!!!

    you might think its expensive, but for me... well... it might be time to crack open the champagne
    #14
  15. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    CrazyBri said:
    RichA3Turbo i'd like to come and shake your hand mate,

    just done a quote on elephant and its down to 2737!!!!

    you might think its expensive, but for me... well... it might be time to crack open the champagne

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I accept Visa, Mastercard....hahaha

    no worries mate! Just got to look in the right places!

    Rich
    #15
  16. jojo
    Offline

    jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2003
    Messages:
    25,925
    Likes Received:
    1,558
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    CrazyBri said:
    RichA3Turbo i'd like to come and shake your hand mate,

    just done a quote on elephant and its down to 2737!!!!

    you might think its expensive, but for me... well... it might be time to crack open the champagne

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I accept Visa, Mastercard....hahaha

    no worries mate! Just got to look in the right places!

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yeah, just spend the change you got on modding your A3, I'm sure Rich will sell you something decent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    #16
  17. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    jojo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    CrazyBri said:
    RichA3Turbo i'd like to come and shake your hand mate,

    just done a quote on elephant and its down to 2737!!!!

    you might think its expensive, but for me... well... it might be time to crack open the champagne

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I accept Visa, Mastercard....hahaha

    no worries mate! Just got to look in the right places!

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yeah, just spend the change you got on modding your A3, I'm sure Rich will sell you something decent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    #17

Share This Page