A3 - worth the money?

A3 - worth the money?

• Yes

Votes: 51 71.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 28.2%

• Total voters
Have the other manufactures really caught up though? I have heard of bodywork being very easily dented on French/Japanese cars, plastics marking very easily etc etc

I'd say my wifes Toyota is equally as good as my Audi in terms of parking dents, both I have to say are pretty resiliant

The Laguna's we have in our carpark at work are not so good though

I don't think they live up to the hype, mine has had far too many problems to be called a 'quality' or 'premium' product.

I don't think they live up to the hype, mine has had far too many problems to be called a 'quality' or 'premium' product.

Second that!

Although did pop along to local dealer yesterday to have a nose at the TT-S out of curiosity as I was passing. Had a coupe in the showroom and roadster demonstrator. And they wanted £40K for the coupe. £40K for a TT? Madness!

What does "worth" or "value" mean toy you?

I think this is a very relative concept... so you can't get an objective opinion...

For me £30k on my S3 was worth it. It is mental for some it is fine for others... Like someone said it depends on what you want from things... that is from where the concept of value comes from.

To give you my perspective... £30k on an 3 series BMW gets you a mid specced 320d M-Sport probably... for me that is mental!!!

Pedro

What does "worth" or "value" mean toy you?

I think this is a very relative concept... so you can't get an objective opinion...

For me £30k on my S3 was worth it. It is mental for some it is fine for others... Like someone said it depends on what you want from things... that is from where the concept of value comes from.

To give you my perspective... £30k on an 3 series BMW gets you a mid specced 320d M-Sport probably... for me that is mental!!!

Pedro

I think this is back to the amount of problems people are having with their Audi's, well judging by the last two posts anyway

Pedro

The full list price of a 320D M-sport is £28525.00
They have a 'special edition' model which is £1000 more.
But that £1000 gets you full leather, bigger wheels, satnav and bluetooth phone prep.
So £29525.00 ( List price ) gets a very well equipped car.
I don't suppose 10% off list is unreasonable, so you would actually pay more like £26500.00
£30k is more likely to get you a bigger engined 3 series, or possibly a smaller engined 5 series.

I am not comparing anything... I just would not spend £30k on a 320d/325d I would much rather spend it on my S3.... That is all, personal taste/opinion...

Also just specced a BMW 320d M Sport Coupé with the equipment I want like leather, 19' inch wheels, good audio setup and sat nav (I am going for OEM from now on on my cars...). Just some sensible things for me and it came to £36200... well for me that is too much for a 3 series and with that diesel engine... But each one to its own...

Pedro

I would give that money faster on a TT-S than on a well specced rep mobile... sorry everyone has different tastes...

It does not mean that I wouldn't consider other options like a Z4 or even a Boxster if was buying such a niche car... (or a 350Z)

Pedro

What??! £40K?!?! That would have bought you a new E46 M3 a couple of years ago. Or an S5 now... Hey another £10K and you get a new V8 M3.

Personally no I dont think that the A3 sportback is worth the money, I find it a very cold drive, like playing a computer game due to all the electronics that have taken away the mechanical feedback that you get as a driver.