1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 Wheel Fitment

Diesel Quattro Sep 17, 2009

1. Diesel Quattro

Diesel Quattro Member

Hi all,

this is my first post. I have only owned my 51 plate A3 Tdi Quatro for 3 weeks and i am looking for new wheels and have a few questions if anyone can help me.

the pics of the A3's on here are great, some lovely looking cars.

I like the TT comps, but did they only come in a 17inch wheel??

What audi wheels are a direct fitment to the a3 of my year??

i have seen some with Porsche wheels and they look top, but are any porsche wheel a direct fit or are they adapted to fit?? or where is the best place to get replicas of the turbo wheels??

would the BBS Ch style i think 18 inch be a direct fit??

as i am on the turbo sport alloys at the mo (16inch) dont want to lose to much comfort and would going to 18inch loose the comfort or would it not be too noticable??

i know its a lot of questions, but i want to get new wheels asap lol and i've never owned a German car before and really know nothing.

thanks

aaron - newbie

2. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Hello Aaron

The wheel fitment you need is 5 x 100, this refers to the stud pattern. If you opt for 18's then expect a lot more road noise and also a harsher ride. I know when I went to 18's on mine I thought my teeth were going to come out!.

If you run 18's then you want to look at lowering your car because on 18's it will look like a monster truck.

There are lots of wheels available for your car in 5 x 100, look for an offset of ET35 too. If you like the look of BBS CH's then I hope you have deep pockets, if not then there are replicas around for about the £600 mark with tyres.

T

3. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Edited to add...

Straight fit Audi wheels would be anytthing off a same age TT, A3, S3 etc.

T

4. Diesel Quattro

Diesel Quattro Member

thanks Tom,

i think i may just go for the 17s then as i rember the feeling of the teeth and not sure i want that again lol..

do they make the RS4 (old style) in 17 and wold they be a direct fitment as ive seen a few on here with them and they are nice.. i like the polished tt comps but im guessing a polished wheel would be a lot to look after??

aaron