A3 went pop :(

B17AVM

The Whoa
Reaction score
Hey, wondering if someone can help!
I was driving my car earlier, slipped it into 2nd gear and heard a "pufft" noise. After that my cars lost all power and is juddering like it's got a stutter. I can only get to about 20mph.

Anyone got any ideas? Pipe dropped out?

Thanks

Sounds like it could be a popped boost pipe. You will need to check all boost pipes from turbo right to inlet manifold. Failing that get it scanned

Cheers lads. Just took it for another roll round the block.
It's dropping out smoke like Snoop when I try to accelerate and sounds rougher then Pat Butcher.

Can't see anything blatantly disconnected under the bonnet but it did seem like there was some type of really faint smoke coming out.

Need to get it checked out.

It won't be a coil pack as it's a diesel.

Common place for the pipes to come off is at the intercooler due to the metal coupling wearing away

boost pipe off pal if there is lots of black smoke coming out

Out of the exhaust is black. Sooty. Under the bonnet it was too faint but still enough to see something was coming up.

Whats your impression?

Yeap I'd say intake pipe somewhere has come of, as black sooty probably is cause mixture is rich, hence the bad running,

You will need to get underneath it to check them, the only one you can check from above if the one behind the rad fans where it connects to the IMF, every other one is from below only.

Paul