A3- warren's.

warrenlord

Reaction score
just abit of an progress or lack of thread.

got hold of some 19's, am going to go for 225,35's
IMG_0282.jpg

sline.jpg

i think am goin to chuck them on and see how big the arch gap is an work out what i could get away with, 45/50mm springs or coilovers which i think i will end up needing.

ive just done the usual up to now like, splitter, black grill, ice white bulbs all round.
IMG_0261.jpg

cargo net and funny cover. reminds me of the mk5 gti interiors
IMG_0269.jpg

ive still got a 2010 rear s line bumper to go on with the exhaust trims. not to sure whats to come after that maybe some 3m fibre look stuff trimmed inside and light tints.

Last edited:
Hi mate, fantastic rims, I'd love a set. They look great with coloured centres.

I've PM'd you with regards to our previous chats on tyres mate. :icon_thumright::ninja:

Lovely alloys, one of the best for the A3. akbarirfan its a bit of a mix regarding coilovers and springs. May be worth starting a thread with a poll to find out. I have coilovers they were delivered today:)

You got any other front on photos of your car mate?
I saw one in your other thread, but just wanted to see your black grille and splitter from a few different angles/distances.

My car is the same colour as yours so would be good to see what it looks like.

Thanks.

Thanks for the comments, just a case of gettin it all together, I go away just as it comes out of the bodyshop so the progress is on hold for a few weeks which I didn't want to do but guess you can't rush things.

aythreee- if I can mate I will just a case of getin it cleaned! And getting some time

nice rims mate liking them how much did they set u back are they oem wheels , im after 19" wheels and not sure which ones to go for

no update as of yet. but the car is going in monday for the rear end work. then am on holiday for 3 week, but then hopefully coilovers, tyres and wheels should be going on after that.

Those wheels look like the 1 piece replicas off ebay? They are very good reps if they are, its almost impossible to tell once fitted to the car!

Those wheels look like the 1 piece replicas off ebay? They are very good reps if they are, its almost impossible to tell once fitted to the car!

yeah I'll fess up now they are the reps. the main issue was price, i wasn't going to spend 1000+ on alloys alone, i got these before the price increase for a steal!
I do like them wheels :)

top notch!!!

thanks, am just looking to smarten it up really and make it my own.

back from the states, got the rear end done before i went,

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

just joey modded the lights for now, personaly they look alot better in person as the silver bit looks slimer in the pics.

Looks good Warren. Do you still have those speedline alloys? All you need to finish off the back end is an spoiler and facelift rear lights. Not a bad mod on the lights may i add though.

cheers bud, yeah am sorting them out this week see how it goes, trying to find the best price for tyres and fitting.

yeah could do with a spoiler and lights although am happy with them for now, might change in the future though, i did them with red tint film just to give the illusion they look like the newer ones.

cheers bud, yeah am sorting them out this week see how it goes, trying to find the best price for tyres and fitting.

yeah could do with a spoiler and lights although am happy with them for now, might change in the future though, i did them with red tint film just to give the illusion they look like the newer ones.

Aw good looking forward to seeing them on will change the car look loads...
Don't blame you looks good:thumbsup:

could do with some help on this as its bugging me.

i can get some FK High Sportcoilovers but the seller has said ''damaged front linkages from strut to anti roll bar''
http://img340.images...8/img0364lb.jpg pic if it works
now ive spoke to afew supplies and they have said i wouldnt need the linkages but am i missing somthing ?

his a3 was a 8p Chassis 2006 2.0T (not quattro)

and i dont no what strut size mine or they are.

I had the very same problem with some FK silverline X's I had fitted to a Leon Cupra R I owned (must be crap links!). Couldn't get replacements anywhere so what I did get was some from a mercedes C class iirc from ebay. They were a slightly different length but worked a treat!

No I haven't mate, I will see what they can offer, I wasnt sure on the ones I spoke about it's just when they are very cheap it's tempting. Coilover prices vary so much it's crazy.

camskill is cheapest place for tyres.

it's not necessarily the cheapest. i had Cooper Zeon CS6s fitted and balanced on my old 1.6 at a place in brum for less than camskill wanted for just the tyres

Got tyres fitted and fitted. Really happy with the height as Now I can work how much i should drop it by.

87035ffa.jpg

36b27f2d.jpg

Looks lovely. One of the best oem alloys you can have.
Will look so much better once lowered..What springs or coilovers you going for?

Looks lovely. One of the best oem alloys you can have.
Will look so much better once lowered..What springs or coilovers you going for?

Cheers mate, if I can I will get coilovers, for the time being I might stick some 45/50mm springs on, in person the arch gap isn't as apparent like in the pics so I reckon that sort of drop will make me happy. It's daily driven down some really ruff roads so am not wanting to go stupid low anyway. Been there done all that.

Quick question on yours?
You have an 09/10 rear bumper like mine? If so is yours a petrol and you already had the exhaust or have you fitted one?

Cheers mate, if I can I will get coilovers, for the time being I might stick some 45/50mm springs on, in person the arch gap isn't as apparent like in the pics so I reckon that sort of drop will make me happy. It's daily driven down some really ruff roads so am not wanting to go stupid low anyway. Been there done all that.

Quick question on yours?
You have an 09/10 rear bumper like mine? If so is yours a petrol and you already had the exhaust or have you fitted one?

Yeah some 45/50mm springs will make such a big difference. Yeah thats fair enough...Looking good so far. Yeah its not about ruff roads mind lol. Thats Correct, i have a petrol and had an new custom exhaust put on

Last edited:
Yeah some 45/50mm springs will make such a big difference. Yeah thats fair enough...Looking good so far. Yeah its not about ruff roads mind lol. Thats Correct, i have a petrol and had an new custom exhaust put on

thanks mate i had a feeling you might of done that. it's just i have put on some some of the chrome exhausts tips thinking they would be bang on, they do look good just am a bit picky and wouldn't mind them a couple of mm higher.

It'll look spot on when dropped, I'm about 2moro if u want vcds coding done lad.

thanks mate, ive sorted the vcds coding for now a member on here helped me out on that one,
sorry i should of let you know its just am a little impatient sometimes. no offence.

coilovers- bought
laugh.gif

fogs.jpg

i did have yellow fogs but one of the tint films seems to have flung off somehow

Nice car! Fast becoming my favorite OEM rim for most Audi's IMO. I also really like the S6 wheels (not RS6 gone off those a little).

Also looking forward to seeing it with the drop.

Your too funny Nath. I've seen over on edition 38 you saying "Hurry up with coils"
War you may have to hurry mate i dont think N8 can wait any longer lol

ha ha i know! good job he aint just round the corner from me, i would be getting a grilling every other day.

thanks for all the comments

going to do the worst thing and tell you lot that the coilovers are on! and post no pictures :blink:
not even had a play with them yet but can tell the ride is alot better over the crashy standard ride.