A3 tuning in Scotland?

Badgeronimous

Reaction score
Website
roybacer.net
Hi there, newbie here.

I recently bought an T sport, but I'm quickly finding 150bhp not quite enough. I want to be able to put my foot down and feel my head go back. However I've been informed that for around £500 I can have the car tuned to approx 210bhp. Where can do this in the Ayrshire area? I found a company called Star Performance, but have heard mixed things about them, plus they are about 100 miles away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Recomendations please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

Hi mate and Welcome to the Forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
Do a search for 'Star Performance Testing' in these parts of the forum, and I think you'll find that they are pretty good at their work, though I havn't had 1st hand experience.
And I'm sure a chap called EssThree will back them up aswell, as he took he's highly sorted S3 there for all the work carried out I think. Goodluck!

Hi,
the work on my S3 was carried out by Star performance and I cant complain about the service. They have a very good set-up.
The only other palce I know off more locally to you is Drivers in Glasgow who can supply Revo remaps. The only thing is I dont know if they have a rolling road facility to check your remap performance figures.

Hi Alex,
You could give Simon Coe of ccc technology a ring, He does Upsolute re-maps and is very good on price £305 all in and that includes him traveling from Derbyshire. I have this on my 99TS which has the AGU engine in it and have no complaints. It's worth a think as his price is half of just about anywhere else. Here is his and Upsolute websites.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Deano.

www.ccctech.co.uk/
www.upsolute.com/eng/index.html

Star performance are excellent - in my view the only choice north of the border currently. Very knowledgeable, very well equipped and competitive pricing..

Not so, You should shop around and also do your own home work and see whats best for you.

Have heard nothing but good reports about Star!

Take it there matey, you won't go wrong!

And welcome to the Forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Excellent,

Well I suppose if you lot are saying Star are good then maybe my reports have been inaccurate, but then again I don't suppose they can get it right everytime, but who can. Infairness I have only heard 2 bad reports about them.

I'm new to VAG cars, got myself a little bargain with my A3, 2000 V plate, 52,000 mile 1.8T sport, full heated leather, climate control. Got it for £3700, which everyone is saying is a bargain. it did need a bit of cleaning up paint wise, but spend a couple of hundred and its looking ok. Delighted with it, but its only 'almost' powerful enough, I just feel it needs a little bit more, certainly £500 odd pounds to add an extra 50-60bhp is money well spent in my opinion and surely that will make the car provide some more satisfying motoring. I also have a thing about +200bhp per tonne, which 210 will supply, I dunno just something nice about that figure.

What will the fuel economy be like tuned though? With 92.7p a litre at the local garage.

sounds a good price for the car. In real terms you wont get 50-60 BHP more like 30-40BHP, sorry. A tuned car can be just as economical as standard until you put your foot down. PM me where you are in Ayrshire as I'm from there too. . . .