1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 - Torn engine splash guard

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jbw, Sep 2, 2008.

1. jbw

jbw Member

Sunday Morning I reversed off 'the grassy bank' at my folks house and heard this graunching noise.
    Upon inspection I found I'd managed to rip and bend back part of the plastic that sits at the underside of the front of the vehicle below the engine. :sob:

I've no idea what this is called but I'm guessing this is to keep water away from the engine. I got some industrial strength tape and stuck it back together so it's not urgent but does anyone know what sort of costs are involved in getting it replaced?

cheers,
    J
  2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If it's the middle sump guard section then it's about £15-£20 IIRC and your dealer usually has them in stock.
  3. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member

Dieselgeek do a range of stainless steel ones that look smart and do the job, however are £200ish, have a look at their site. I know ECS tuning did a carbon fibre one. However I am unable to find ones for the A3 only TT or Golfs. So if anyone knows ofmwhere to get them it would be appreciated.
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Of all the things worth upgrading on a car I'd imagine that particular part has to be so far on the bottom of the list, it's not even on the list, along with a carbon fibre fuel tank and platinum sump plug.
  5. abdus

abdus Top Gear

lol @ AndyMac

mine isn't even there on the car. it's sitting in the garage
  6. Toxik-Signal

Toxik-Signal Andy

My mechanic calls that a '****-shield' because all it does is stop **** off the road going up into your engine bay. It doesn't offer your sump much protection at all anyway. Mine came off about 6 months ago and I've not bothered replacing it.