a3 throttle body fault code?

a3 1.8t

Reaction score
Website
www.jalnablast.co.uk
Hi there as you may know got a a3 1.8t agu engine code every time i plyg vagcom in this fault appears? I clear it then every time i plug the computer in its back on, is this a common problem?

17967-Throttle Body (j338) Fault in basic settings
P1559 - -35-00-

Regards Tom

AGU is cable yep.

I've had mine off and never had any issues after with having to realign it etc.

Hi guys my agu has just devolved this fault. My battery died when we had the snow and when I went to start it again problems with reving etc local garage said it was limp mode so a local garage told me a way to rest it luckily it worked but when I drove it it has no boost and when they plugged it in they said it has a fault code saying throttle bodies fault in basic settings they have no idea. Did you manage to get it resolved???

I had this fault with mine after having the battery off for 2 months and it turned out the potentiometer had decided to give up unfortunately this is built in to the throttle body I got one of eBay for £25 posted and this resolved the problem instantly the plug on my throttle body was different to the new one but they still work with a very simple mod to the plug pm me if you get this problem an I will tell you what to do hope this helps lee

TB Adaption is easy, go in to vcds, then meas blocks 060 or 098 (cant remember without looking) then switch to basicsettings, top right box will say OK once it does, back to measuring blocks and done, clear codes, all sorted :)

Sweet thanks guys. I have another question. Will this problem cause my turbo to not boost at all???.