A3 TFSI Sport quattro

Tom8VA3

Reaction score
Hey all. Im due to collect my TFSI Sport quattro in a few weeks. I have notice on Audi website that you can no longer order/configure a TFSI quattro in the Sport spec, only in the S-Line. Any ideas why this may be?

According to my dealer it's mainly because very few are ordered.

Probably not a volume selling engine / vehicle combo for Audi, I reckon.

I read the S-Line variant with the 1.8 TFSI quattro is going soon too? (And I think I have probably only ever seen 2 or 3 in London compared to hundreds of TDIs).

Just think of the 1.8s as being the rarer editons :p

I have one and I'm very happy with it. I wanted that engine and drivertrain combination but I couldn't justify stretching to the S-line spec.

The reason I went for the Sport spec is, other than being £1k cheaper, the Audi garage had a fully loaded demo car for the taking with no miles on the clock. I have to wait until 17th April for collection though. Can't wait.
Your right M_D_O_London very rare car. Only seen two S-Line quattro's in Portsmouth area. No Sport specs.
Its a shame you don't see many TFSIs compared to the diesels. Unless you are doing over 16k miles per year I don't think the diesels are any cheaper to run in the long haul.

The reason I went for the Sport spec is, other than being £1k cheaper, the Audi garage had a fully loaded demo car for the taking with no miles on the clock. I have to wait until 17th April for collection though. Can't wait.
Your right M_D_O_London very rare car. Only seen two S-Line quattro's in Portsmouth area. No Sport specs.
Its a shame you don't see many TFSIs compared to the diesels. Unless you are doing over 16k miles per year I don't think the diesels are any cheaper to run in the long haul.

I had an 8P 2.0TDI quattro and did less miles than that. I thought it was a fantastic engine, never had any trouble with it, plenty of pace and power, pretty refined too IMO and got top money after 3 years when I traded it in. A sound investment in my mind. Only gone for the S3 now instead of the latest more powerful & more efficient equivalent as i like the power of the S3, but if running costs over next few years are a bit scary i'll return the the 2.0TDI quattro in a heartbeat. I do ~10k miles per year and in truth the cost difference between the 1.8TFSI and 2.0TDI quattros still meant diesel the no brainer for me (plus think the 1.8TFSI a bit low on torque in comparison).