1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a3 tdi sport battery!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by tdisportuk, Mar 20, 2009.

1. tdisportuk

tdisportuk Member

Hello to all

looking to purchase a battery for the car! whats the biggest battery this thing can take?! 2006 2.0 tdi sport a3

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Boydie

Boydie Boycie
    VCDS Map User

Dimension or power?

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Go for the Varta Silver Dynamic which is actually a bloody good battery, premium tbh as I spent few weeks researching, its cheaper at audi by almost 50% would you believe it, was about £70 & is a stock item in Milton Keynes usually, best battery for the A3 IMHO part no. 577 400 078 with a 780ah rating, they usually suggest the Varta Blue but dont bother with this, Silver is a much more premium battery & has the extra oommph for audi's IMHO, good price to as some people were quoting £120-£140, I was truly shocked when audi told me there price.

5. tdisportuk

tdisportuk Member

in terms of the biggest power capacity that will fit in the A3. Will be used for running sub's as well.

Thanks NHN will keep that one in mind!

thanks

6. NHN

Trust me the Varta Silver is actually what Varta/Audi themselves say is a premium battery to handle more power intensive applications, both say the norm is the Varta Blue.

7. tdisportuk

tdisportuk Member

thanks mate will get one ordered on monday :cool:

8. devonmikeyboy

devonmikeyboy As far from JBS as possible !

9. kaz219

kaz219 Active Member
    VCDS Map User

10. NHN

Yeah this is good battery, but when you consider £70 for Varta Silver Dynamic & then £200 for Eixide Maxima, I just thought whats the point for my car cause the Varta Silver is actually a premium one above what is stated to be used for the 8P anyway so I'm already using a much better battery than audi would install & its at least £130 cheaper than Exide, I looked at all the top batteries & tbh power, cost, warranty etc it just made sense to use what I have now, Exide are good, as are Optima & others but can you justify the cost when its not really needed, for me its a no brainer & was.

11. devonmikeyboy

devonmikeyboy As far from JBS as possible !

You asking about the rear battery box ?
    The battery is OTT for most people but my battery is in the boot bolted under a metal lid whitch is covered by a propane tank and a NOS bottle bracket so i wanted the best as i don`t really want to have to remove it again. Ended up getting the battery for about £140 new from ebay so not to bad really.