A3 TDI Front Suspension help

iyrix

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My car's front suspension is very crashy now, i defo need a new set of shocks, but i'm a little unsure on what else i need.

I've seen this sachs package that comes with 4 top mounts, but i don't understand why there is 4. Also, is this everything i need or do i still need the rubber top mount?

ANy help on the parts i would need will be great.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-SACHS-...ts=Car+Make:Audi|Model:A3&hash=item58c34b6ce1

Thanks
Graham

hi Graham

would it not be worth going all out and changing the lot at the front including springs?
i know its a bit more expensive now but in the long run you wont have to take it apart again :grinning:.

Speak to Damian @DPM he is the go-to guy for all things suspension.

If it is crashy you definitely need new shocks, which he can help with. You should definitely change the top mounts and bearings so you don't pay labour twice and some new springs would make sense, again avoiding labour (in theory) down the line.

Even if you don't change the springs, deffo change top mounts and bearings.

Don't forget to go for a Hunter 4-wheel alignment after the suspension work has been done.

thanks guys, will defo be changing springs as well. I'm just a little unsure on what else i need.

I basically want to replace it all :) I'll give him a shout.

Cheers