A3 TDI 2.0 170 bluefin remap - loss of power and damage around the air intake??

Leeecs

Reaction score
All,

I have a 57 plate A3 TDI 170 Quattro with a bluefin remap and its starting to lose power in acceleration, just dont get as much power when the turbo kicks in as I used to - been significantly less in the last day or two.

More worrying is every so often (and its becoming more often) the car kinda jerks in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear under light acceleration, a bit like the jerk you'd get dropping down a gear at the wrong speed. Its like it momentarily loses power. Not nice when you are overtaking!

This has starting happening in the last few days, everything has been fine since my remap 9months ago.

I took a look under the bonnet and the mount that connects the air intake to the battery shelf has completely snapped off and the other bolt holding it down has almost come out. The Audi rings on my engine cover have also come off. Any idea what could of caused this damage, I looks like its taken quite a wack?? There doesn't appear to any other damage and I cant remember crashing in to anything :)

So I'm thinking maybe the loss of power is due to the air intake damage and I have a leak which means i'm losing turbo pressure? Is there an easy way to check this?

Also anyone know where I can order Audi parts by part number so I can replace the broken battery shelf and remount my air intake so it isn't moving around?

If anyone could shed light on what might of happened or why I'm losing power (might not be related to the air intake i guess) I'd be really grateful???

Any ideas would be much appreciated?

Lee

Ha, no sign of dead birds

Oh one other thing, I used my bluefin to check the diagnostic codes and nothing reported

Could be on the way to the dodgu injector fault maybe

I took it to the Audi garage today and they ran it through their diagnostics. They were pretty helpful (though not impressed I'd remapped it) but couldn't find anything wrong with the turbo. They think the loss of power might of been due to the DPF recharging.

I did about 40 miles afterwards and still lacking acceleration above 2000rpm. I have the VAG diagnostics leads arriving tomorrow, is there anything I could do test it myself, maybe do a data logging run? I've not used the diagnostics stuff before so any pointers would be good.

Anyhow I have to take it back on Tuesday to have the air intake mounts replaced, if anyone can think of anything I could try with the VAG leads and Ross Tech software beforehand so I can give them more details I would much appreciate it.

Cheers

thry changeing the exhaust pressure sensor, its located at the top of the engine near the turbo, if you put a picture of your engine bay up then il point it out to you, ive worked on a few 170pd's that have had dpf probs and this is the thing id change 1st.