A3 T Sport arriving Tuesday

Markb

Reaction score
WOW what a journey to have a look at a car last night, but it was worth it as she's a minter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I live in the Midlands and the car is just below Glasgow. So I went from straight from work at 4:45 and didn't get back until 4:00AM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Anyway I fell in love with it as soon as I saw her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

It's an R plate T Sport in one off bright yellow with loads of extras.

40K, FASH, 2 owners. (First owner was 65 and had it for 5 and a half years covering 6K a year and not going above 3.5K /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

Anyway I couldn't find a single fault on it and the underside and whole are like new.

Will post pics on Tuesday/Wednesday, but I am all excited /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Only two pics I have got:

Autotrader advert:

my_a3_advert.jpg

Pic on phone:

my_a3_first_pic.jpg

Oh yeah I could hear the waste gate quite clearly when I went for a test drive is this normal?

I would assume so.

A 65 y/o with a bright yellow car!

Unconventional.

[ QUOTE ]
EvilTad said:
A 65 y/o with a bright yellow car!

Unconventional.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, but it's all been checked and that is correct.

It's also strange that a 65 year old paid to have this colour as it's a one off "Life Style" colour and that he had a Turbo Sport /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Aparrently his wife died and he sold it after 5 years and 8 months of owner ship. Whether the colour reminded him of his wife?

But hey I am not complaining as it's not been thrashed and it's low mileage in mint condition /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
mind if i ask how much?

[/ QUOTE ]

£7.5K

I think it's worth every penny.

Let me know what you think though.

yeah - I'd have to agree I think dude! I paid just over £7k for mine, which has double the mileage for the same year, although it had modds, so it probably worked out fair play. The guy I bought the car off was ace! he was a member on here and a well decent fella! But it sounds like you've found a right little bargain hunt!..........what do you think at home bargain hunters? lol

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
yeah - I'd have to agree I think dude! I paid just over £7k for mine, which has double the mileage for the same year, although it had modds, so it probably worked out fair play. The guy I bought the car off was ace! he was a member on here and a well decent fella! But it sounds like you've found a right little bargain hunt!..........what do you think at home bargain hunters? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Hee Hee

I am pleased with I paid.

It was worth the 11 hour trip LOL

Cool another yellow A3 on the forum!

Well if its as good as you say then it is worth that much. I payed £6500 for mine, but it had 85,000 on the clock and has a few very minor paint marks on the bumpers.

BTW, if you can hear a whooshing noise when you change gear, then the diverter valve is shot and need replacing. About £25 for a new one from VAG, or £80-£90 for an aftermarket forge piston type. Speak to RichA3Turbo on this forum, who I got mine off.

Don't worry tho, this doesn't mean there is a problem with the car, they always go.

congrats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

no doubt u've got things in mind already with what u want to mod?

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
£7.5K

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite a good price .. I bought ours for £8K (97P TS) from a Audi main dealer. Done 30,000 miles, FASH, all the extras like leather.

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:

Well if its as good as you say then it is worth that much. I payed £6500 for mine, but it had 85,000 on the clock and has a few very minor paint marks on the bumpers.

BTW, if you can hear a whooshing noise when you change gear, then the diverter valve is shot and need replacing. About £25 for a new one from VAG, or £80-£90 for an aftermarket forge piston type. Speak to RichA3Turbo on this forum, who I got mine off.

Don't worry tho, this doesn't mean there is a problem with the car, they always go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a whoosh sound.

Like a chatter sound.

I take it that is just the wastegate releasing the pressure and is normal?

[ QUOTE ]
darkspin said:
congrats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

no doubt u've got things in mind already with what u want to mod?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got plans, but the insurance is killing me anyway because of my age.

So I've got to keep it standard for at least a year. Could be harder said then done though.

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a whoosh sound.

Like a chatter sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoosh, chatter, flubber.........its all the same /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Trust me, it will be the diverter valve. You shouldn't here anything at all on a 1.8T A3, except for the slight sound of the turbo spinning up when you have a window down.

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a whoosh sound.

Like a chatter sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoosh, chatter, flubber.........its all the same /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Trust me, it will be the diverter valve. You shouldn't here anything at all on a 1.8T A3, except for the slight sound of the turbo spinning up when you have a window down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah right.

I like the sound though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I better get it replaced though as it will be saping the performance.

go for the forge diaghram valve - sounds fantastic when you lift off the fun pedal!! rallynuts.com do them for £99 + vat. cheapest i cud find m8. That colour is ded smart AND RARE!!!

[ QUOTE ]
leespears1 said:
go for the forge diaghram valve - sounds fantastic when you lift off the fun pedal!! rallynuts.com do them for £99 + vat. cheapest i cud find m8. That colour is ded smart AND RARE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers I know the Colour is like Rocking Horse Sh*t.

I'll have a look at the one on your car on Saturday. I take it that is a not atmospheric dump valve?

I did a search, but wasn't sure which one it was.

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
[ QUOTE ]
leespears1 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have a look at the one on your car on Saturday. I take it that is a not atmospheric dump valve?

[/ QUOTE ]

its not atmoshperic. Its a diaphragm valve, like the OE, so is quicker to respond than piston type valves, but the diaphragms wear out after a few thousand miles, but the kit comes with replacement diaphragms, and different springs to tune it to your needs. Its a good valve!

We also sell it here for the same price of £99.99+vat/del
available in anodized red, black or polished silver.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
[ QUOTE ]
leespears1 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its not atmoshperic. Its a diaphragm valve, like the OE, so is quicker to respond than piston type valves, but the diaphragms wear out after a few thousand miles, but the kit comes with replacement diaphragms, and different springs to tune it to your needs. Its a good valve!

We also sell it here for the same price of £99.99+vat/del
available in anodized red, black or polished silver.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all new to me so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

So does this valve make any noise? Or is it quite?

Hi Mark

Hope you enjoy your 1.8T as much as I've enjoyed the 4 that I have owned. Enjoy tomorrow !

Dave R

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
only one night's sleep now mark - then it's XMAS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it LOL

Can't wait.

[ QUOTE ]
David Robinson said:
Hi Mark

Hope you enjoy your 1.8T as much as I've enjoyed the 4 that I have owned. Enjoy tomorrow !

Dave R

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mine makes a noise - but not the whooosh noise like a dump valve - you can hear mine working, kind of a chatter noise - hard to explain really - like you said - ill take you 4 a spin on sunday and you can hear it working 4 urself!

[ QUOTE ]
caractere 007 said:
enjoy tomorrow dude!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure I will, but I won't get it back into Staffs until 2:00AM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif As I am picking her up at about 8PM (Setting off at 3:00PM LOL)

Oh yeah I've got a 256 Mile drive to get used to her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pics will be up Wednesday.

[ QUOTE ]
leespears1 said:
mine makes a noise - but not the whooosh noise like a dump valve - you can hear mine working, kind of a chatter noise - hard to explain really - like you said - ill take you 4 a spin on sunday and you can hear it working 4 urself!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers that will be the best way to hear it.