1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 Suspension problems

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by krs187uk, Feb 24, 2013.

1. krs187uk

krs187uk New Member

Hi,
    My A3 1.9 tdi was lowered on some jom coilovers and got to be honest it was to low, so took it in and i've had the following done:
    Front new wishbones, ARB droplinks and rear ARB Bushes and rear bumpstop's. The car has now got a right old racket from the front coilovers and the ride is very hard. I'm looking at putting it back to stock and was wondering if a complete 1.6. genuine suspension would be up to the job or do i need to replace from another 1.9tdi?
  2. s3clarke

s3clarke Money grabbing s3!

What If u raise it up? Might give the springs and shocks abit more travel and stop it from crashing do much..
  3. krs187uk

krs187uk New Member

Cheers for getting back, The mechanic has raised it up from less than iphone clearance :keule:to normal height. I went out and sprayed some lube but all the spring and shocks are creaking and look quite rusty. Hopefully fingers crossed might be getting hold of a genuine audi suspension which should sort it.