A3 std stereo

crispyapplepie

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Can anyone give me any advice on my stereo. Whenever i get into the car and switch it on but try and turn down the volume it all of a sudden goes to full and kicks out whatever is playing full blast. This is starting to get really annoying but the thing is i love the look of the stereo and how it all fits so snug.

can anyone suggest any other stereos that will fit really snug like the 1 that comes as std?

thanks

It's a common fault with the Concert head unit, can be repaired but costs about £80.
All aftermarket units require a blanking plate for the fascia i.e. they won't have the extra wide fascia of the Audi units. Becker HU's are fairly close styling wise

thanks bud do you know where or who stocks them and 1 are they any good and 2 expensive?

thanks

My son's fisher price radio is better than the garbage Audi supply, but yes the becker units are pretty good for reasonable money, shame they don't do a DAB unit at the moment.
Becker Mexico

Vman fitted a Becker Mexico recently and I can vouch that it is a vast improvement over the standard stereo.

Looks really good as well and definitely blends in with the rest of the interior. Certainly don't think you would be disappointed if you purchased one

Yes I've experienced a similar problem with my concert radio. It only happens when the outside temp is really cold e.g 2 degrees or lower in the morning. If I tweak the volume up or down it blasts out at high volume. Mornings like today 5degress + it's fine. If it's a cold morning and I need to tweak the volume I do it once the car has warmed up- donesn't seem to do it then.

The problem will only get worse as it is related to the number of times you have adjusted the volume in the life of the HU.