1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 Sportback Vs Fiesta

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by smee, Dec 24, 2007.

1. smee

smee Member

Guess which won?

Had an accident on Wednesday in the sportback. A fiesta managed to come across a traffic island and hit my car. No question of fault as they were on my side of the road when they hit me. My brother and I were in my car and we are both fine. Unfortunately the driver of the Fiesta had to go to hospital with neck pains.
    As the photos show the A3 looks ok but the current estimate is £4,500 to repair. So ot looks better than it is.

Hope this works I have never used photobucket before..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Oh dear. I had an accident as well 2 weeks ago and wrote off my car, sorry to hear about that!
  3. smee

smee Member

Hope you were ok after yours. I almost wish mine was writen off as they never feel the same after being repaired.
  4. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

I take it the Fiesta bounced off something before coming to rest on yours ? Other than the front corner yours looks ok
  5. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

Your car looks like it'll drive, the Fiesta on the other hand....
  6. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

I think it lost a hub cap.
  7. smee

smee Member

It bounced off the kerb of the traffic island only. All of the damage is from when it hit my car.

Mine looks ok but looks can be deceiving £4,500 to repair!
  8. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

Oh dear although your car won its still a sickener mate hope you get it sorted quickly.
  9. unkle

unkle Beer God

Bad luck mate, not the best thing to happen right on Xmas but at least you and your mate are safe and ok, did your airbags go off? The reason I ask is a friend had a very minor shunt that set off the airbags in his A3, it was a leather interior so the bill for repair came to about £5000...
  10. smee

smee Member

Thanks unkle, the airbags did not go off. Not too sure why as it was quite a big impact, look at the front of the Fiesta, but I suppose as it was not head on the airbags did not deem it neccessary to deploy.
  11. bigmarvloyal

bigmarvloyal New Member

The third pic in that collection shows the Sportback in all it's glory... cracking! (NO Pun intended)

Sorry to hear about your smash, glad you are okay though.
  12. TrickyLad

TrickyLad is loving his new A3

Ironic you were driving through an area with sign posts saying "Controlled Zone"

I cant see £4500 worth of damage to the car, can see the bonnet has risen up slightly so there must must be an issue with alignment

unlucky though, at least you werent driving the fiesta.
  13. Von Maximo

Von Maximo The Damned

Sorry to hear your bad news mate. I'd be well pissed off if it happenned to me, so can only feel for you.

£4500 is quite alot, Just wondering, at what stage they would write a car of like this? Obviously on your part you don't want to end up with a car that shows an insurance claim agaisnt it as you'll find it difficult to resale, and inevitably loose the residual value of the car. if indeed thats how the system works?

I'd push to have it written off. Better luck anyway mate
  14. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

Its around 70% of the vehicles value when they write something off, we have just had a Ford Fusion written off, that was with £5100 worth of damage.
  15. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

£4500 isn't a lot really. I had a very minor ding in my car (idiot hit me on a roundabout) the only damage was a small dent to the passenger side wing (looked like the sort of damage you could do with a good kick) and a 2" crack to the front bumper. £2000 to fix it.

J.
  16. audisturg

audisturg Member

sorry to hear about the smash up glad you and your brother are ok it just shows how well the audis are made though compared to a ford
  17. bacardi

bacardi Active Member

eh?

compare apples with apples

A3 is a silimar size to a focus, I'll happily lend my A3 to crash against a focus if you know a willing focus owner
  18. audisturg

audisturg Member

ok ill sort something out as it happens i know loads of focus owners....... my previous car was a focus and i was a member of focusowners
  19. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

:respekt:

That made me laugh out loud...

I was over £1800 for a rear end shunt to my A4.
    The woman's Hyundai something-or-other looked like that Fiesta, my A4 was barely touched (apparently).
    Scratched bumper and bootlid, cracked rear lens.
    On one hand, I was impressed.
    On the other hand, I couldn't help thinking the impact passed into the cabin was pretty severe and maybe the A4 should maybe have crumpled a bit more to soften it...?
  20. L60N

L60N Guest

£4500? Pah

My friend took me out for a spin in his New M3. After playing with the SMG settings ended up in mode 6 (no traction). 90mph and a sharp bend later we ended up in a farmers field Dukes of Hazard style. Cost to repair? £15000. Needless to say he "chopped" it in for another one. Drove the new one off singing a song about gap insurance afaik....