1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 sportback S-line upgrades...

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by maars, May 25, 2007.

1. maars

maars Full speed ahead

[May 25, 2007]
    A couple of questions for the A3 experts on possible upgrades:-

* Can the Symphony2 cassette/6-disc in-dash CD head unit be swapped for a higher spec unit? If so what do people recommend (something with iPod connectivity would be great).
    * Is it possible to retro-fit the door blinds into the tops of the rear doors?
    * What are your thoughts on improving the headlight power. Are these 'xenon' bulbs any good?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. alanjonesbath

alanjonesbath VAGOwners.co.uk

[May 25, 2007]
    The only head unit above the Symphony is the RNS-E sat nav, which loads of people highly recommend. The only way to get iPod connectivity though is to buy a kit, which will connect to your Symphony anyway ;)

Anything is possible, though I doubt that is the easiest mod to do though, probably needs a new door card :(

I've fitted the Philips X-treme bulbs to my dipped lights. They are definately a lot brighter than the standard bulbs, and a much nicer light too, but probably don't give you much extra range of visibility, its just brighter when you get to the end of their range ;) I'd highly recommend them.
  4. RobB

RobB Member

[May 25, 2007]